Votes: 107 48.9%
  • Wins vs Sheff Utd AND Forest

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
But why are you concerned about 'continuing our European adventure' next year, if seemingly you're not even bothered about how we actually DO in that adventure once qualified? :shrug:
I'm of the same view though, I don't want us to do poorly, don't get me wrong, but I don't want this to be a flash in the pan, one and done type scenario...We need to be learning from this to god forbid being in the Champions League one day! We can only do that if we consistently finish in the top spots...for me that needs to be our focus...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But why are you concerned about 'continuing our European adventure' next year, if seemingly you're not even bothered about how we actually DO in that adventure once qualified? :shrug:
and we qualify for europe next year by winning the thing.

Going a long way in Europe will be the pinnacle of my Albion supporting life and having introduced my daughter to supporting the club and then introducing her to the fun of away matches from the championship years to the premiership years and now, having passed the mantle of football travel companion to her Albion supporting boyfriend, I now enjoy the fact she is following us on this european adventure and having the time of her life doing it. I don't care I have to watch the away games on TV to be fair, a part of me is right there with her

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
win against ajax would be great if course, and would go a long way towards getting us through the group.

that said, we are still very much in with a shout of europe in the league, and the only way for us to establish ourselves for top transfer targets (thus creating a better team) that is short of us winning trophies is to semi-consistently qualify for europe

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Ajax for me if we could then have a win and a draw from sheff utd and forest 😬

Our first home and away wins ever in Europe being v Ajax - f***ing Ajax! - would be pretty special, no matter how shit they're doing in the Dutch league at the moment

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Win at Ajax. I'd be amazed if we finish top 8 in the league and don't think any version of results in our next two league games will change that. I said 9th at the start of the season and would still be delighted with that.
BUT, qualify for the next round and we could have some (more) absolutely amazing moments in Europe..gotta take the chance when we have it.
You won't remember wins over forest and sheff united in a few years.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I refuse to accept the premise of the question - based as it is on a presumption that we can’t be guaranteed to win all 3 😉

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The question is a bit ambiguous. I do think we probably need to win tomorrow to progress, but I wouldn't opt for that if it meant LOSING those two games. But a win against Ajax and a win and a draw against Sheff and Forest? Absolutely.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not bothered about the league, let's face it,we're not going to win it
I used to laugh at Arsenal for celebrating finishing 4th to qualify for a competition they were never going to win,bizarre
No,it's the cups all the way for me,I want to see Brighton & Hove Albion ingraved on something before I die
Sussex Senior Cup?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As the wonderful Freddie Mercury sang, I Want it All. Besides, beating Ajax will put more Vim in the players for the next two Prem Games and show we are no Flash in the pan.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well the win @ Ajax was certainly enjoyable, that’s for certain, but at what cost and due to the unknown length of time some players maybe out, was it worth it….

At the moment my heart says hell yeah.

Reactions: :J)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here