• Win at Ajax

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • Wins vs Sheff Utd AND Forest

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
An away win in Europe at a European competition heavyweight? Yes please.

We should be beating #TeamsLikeSheffUtdAndForest anyway, so...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Neither.
If we were guaranteed wins, wouldn't it be a bit like supporting Celtic? Or City? What's the fun in that?
Neither of these options are actually going to be guaranteed, regardless of the outcome of the poll. It's just a bit of fun.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Ajax. All day long. We've beaten Forest and Sheff utd in the Championship but we've never won away in Europe.

Wolves had a flash in the pan Europa season.. Fulham and Middlesbrough likewise. None back since. This might be our only shot at this for years to come. It's like voting for Carling over Champagne.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Which guarantee would you prefer?

I reckon this is a toughie. A win at Ajax would put us in a commanding position to continue our European tour, but two straight league wins is likely to put us back in the conversation for a top 5 place and certainly firmly back in the race for European places.
Second option for me

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Top 5, not a chance unless we do some stellar business in the next transfer window.
I think we'll be lucky to finish in the top ten.
So I'll take the Ajax win to give the Albion away support further foreign travel fun.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Win at Ajax, league is already looking very tricky for us to achieve anything more than midtable mediocrity but anything can happen in a cup competition.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Winning at Ajax will be remembered by everybody there for the rest of their lives.

Winning against Sheffield United and Forest will be forgotten in a few weeks.
Exactly this.

IF I am lucky and privileged enough, to witness a win in Amsterdam on Thursday night, that is undoubtedly going to be straight on to the list, of my personal best moments, across 5 DECADES of following the club home and away.

If I watch us beat Sheffield United on Sunday, that will fun too, but seriously... come on!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Exactly this.

IF I am lucky and privileged enough, to witness a win in Amsterdam on Thursday night, that is undoubtedly going to be straight on to the list, of my personal best moments, across 5 DECADES of following the club home and away.

If I watch us beat Sheffield United on Sunday, that will fun too, but seriously... come on!
Let’s just hope everyone’s experience at the match isn’t ruined by poor quality Stroowafels.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For us oldies, how about going back to 1983.
Wins against WBA & Notts County that may, but wouldn't, have kept us up, or win V Sheff Wed and a trip to Wembley?
For 34 years that/those trips to Wembley were the greatest days of my Albion supporting life.
A win in Ajax may not beat that day but it would come close.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The league wins without a moments hesitation.

Yes, we may win the Europa League but that is really a longshot. If we really want to continue our European adventure, we have to have the PL position to do it. Continued success in the EPL guarantees continued European participation.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The league wins without a moments hesitation.

Yes, we may win the Europa League but that is really a longshot. If we really want to continue our European adventure, we have to have the PL position to do it. Continued success in the EPL guarantees continued European participation.
But why are you concerned about 'continuing our European adventure' next year, if seemingly you're not even bothered about how we actually DO in that adventure once qualified? :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Winning at Ajax will be remembered by everybody there for the rest of their lives.

Winning against Sheffield United and Forest will be forgotten in a few weeks.

Exactly this.

As I suggested earlier, if you have a ticket for Ajax this week then I suspect you'll answer the former.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
But why are you concerned about 'continuing our European adventure' next year, if seemingly you're not even bothered about how we actually DO in that adventure once qualified? :shrug:
It is an "either / or" poll. It is a question of what each of us believes is the priority. Of course I want us to be successful in Europe; don't be daft. It is my personal view that we have a better chance of finishing in a league position to qualify for a Euro comp next year than winning the Europa this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here