Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which match will YOU be going to on NATIONAL FALMER DAY Saturday 6 March?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
teaboy said:
Go for 'We Want Falmer' instead. That way it shouldn't annoy either sets of supporters and would make more sense to any meeja type about.

Wonder if we can get them going on
If you want Falmer Stand Up!!!
Could take on Mexican wave significance if the match is boring!!!!

Jul 10, 2003
The Icknield Way
Lord Bracknell said:
Contact is being made with ALL the league clubs who are playing at home. They are also being asked to include a half page article in their match programmes.

Well I've e-mailed, and had a very positive response from, AFC Wimbledon on this. It seems that they are going to roll out the CCL equivalent of the red carpet for us.

Can someone let me have a copy of the programme article please so I can forward it on to them?

Jul 30, 2003
leicester
CP 0 3 BHA said:
Unfortunately I'm gonna be in a hospitality box so I'll not be able to. On the plus side I think my hosts were hoping to get Brian Malwinney (god knows how you spell that!) along as he's the Posh MP and a Posh fan - if so I can bend his ear for 90mins :clap2:

I can do the Rushden game can get thier for about 1.30 to cover the outside if you want some help.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'll be in Zanzibar on NFD. I'll see if any games are on over there. It may just be a kick about on the beach, but I'll find one. Failing that, a trip to the local school (with loads of stationary they need) is in order. I may get the kids to send a message back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good point - I've mailed Bognor requesting permission, well done Yorkie for thinking of that.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Ill go ANYWHERE as long as I dont have to go to CRAWLEY

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
The man from Swansea.....

....he say yes!

So, Swansea v Doncaster it is then! Friday night at teh Vetch kicks of National Falmer Weekend!

:falmerspi

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
rrruss said:
The man from Swansea.....

....he say yes!

So, Swansea v Doncaster it is then! Friday night at teh Vetch kicks of National Falmer Weekend!

:falmerspi

There is a Swansea fan posting on our official message board. He said be careful your stripes aren't mistaken for a Cardiff shirt.

Keep yelling out Support Brighton

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Thanks Yorkie.

Have just posted a message there for him. It's not appeared yet though, so I presume there is a delay before it shows up.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Problem with Gillingham.

Have spoken to their safety officer, who had a word with their club secretary.
They do not want us handing out leaflets. They said that they supported us by writing to Prescott, and want to leave it at that!

The SO said that if we chose to hand out leaflets around the ground, that's up to us. But any leaflets thrown on the ground will litter 'blamed' on us.

He also advised against us wearing the stripes.

Not sure what to do now :nono:

Do we go ahead anyway, or go to a more welcoming club? :(

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
rrruss said:
Thanks Yorkie.

Have just posted a message there for him. It's not appeared yet though, so I presume there is a delay before it shows up.

It's appeared in the middle of the thread. If Cheeks doesn't see it I'll draw attention to it for your.

He normally posts in an evening.

Early Doors said:
Problem with Gillingham.

Have spoken to their safety officer, who had a word with their club secretary.
They do not want us handing out leaflets. They said that they supported us by writing to Prescott, and want to leave it at that!

The SO said that if we chose to hand out leaflets around the ground, that's up to us. But any leaflets thrown on the ground will litter 'blamed' on us.

He also advised against us wearing the stripes.

Not sure what to do now :nono:

Do we go ahead anyway, or go to a more welcoming club? :(

Just read your PM too. Shite shite shite. I am not sure what to do now either. I don't want to miss this opportunity, but on the other hand I don't wanna have my collar felt for littering, even though it won't be our fault.

Help!!! Anyone got any suggestions here? :(

And the buggers haven't even bothered to reply to the email I sent.....Early Doors had to phone them up

:angry:

Last edited:

I'd be interested to know whether Gillingham have responded officially to the Albion about this.

"Official" channels were open. To the best of my knowledge, it wasn't expected that supporters had to approach the league clubs.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
seagull over leicester said:
I can do the Rushden game can get thier for about 1.30 to cover the outside if you want some help.

Sounds good. How are you going to get handouts? I was going to try to print some myself as I won't be going to Sussex beforehand. Shall we try to link up outside as close to 1pm as poss - got my free grub to enjoy before the game being in the cucumber sandwich brigade!

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Lord Bracknell said:
I'd be interested to know whether Gillingham have responded officially to the Albion about this.

"Official" channels were open. To the best of my knowledge, it wasn't expected that supporters had to approach the league clubs.

I thought I'd better check it with Gillingham when I saw other posters had contacted the clubs.

Mr C emailed Gillingham and they didn't reply, so my guess is they didn't reply to the Albion.

Oh well, their loss, Colchesters gain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here