Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which match will YOU be going to on NATIONAL FALMER DAY Saturday 6 March?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll do a game, don't want to go on my own though.

Anyone want the pleasure of my company for a few hours?

:lolol:

Preferably not to Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Ross County, or some other remote wilderness.....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
CrabtreeBHA & Redland:

Covering the Dropkick Murphys/Frenzal Rhomb gig at the London Astoria on Oxford Street, London. Capacity 2,000 expecting at the very least 1,000 so thats alot of young people! Maybe not a footy game but I'll have the small card's to give out so it may get the odd result.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hey Lord B, can we have a list of who's going where, and what we have to do (if anyone has the time to do this :))

edna krabappel said:
I'll do a game, don't want to go on my own though.

Anyone want the pleasure of my company for a few hours?

:lolol:

Preferably not to Inverness Caledonian Thistle or Ross County, or some other remote wilderness.....

You can come to pikey country with me and Early doors if you like. I think we need more people to help us navigate round the fridges and washing machines that protrude out of front gardens :cool:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not to mention Ford Cortinas on bricks.

Do you think the good folk of Gillingham will be receptive to our campaign?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I'd like to do AFC Wimbledon v Cobham. Anyone else?

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Come and join us Edna, you know you want to :lolol:

If you are coming to Gillingham with Mr C and me, where are you coming from? Do you want a lift?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Anyone want to join me at Berwick Rangers - how about it Alba Seagulls?

I have a Celtic and an Hibernian mate coming ... but could do with some more genuine Seagulls this far North!

PM or post if interested .... Berwick is a real friendly club - if rather small!

FALMER FOR ALL

PRESS RELEASE

Wednesday 25 February 2004
---------------------------------------------------------------

National Falmer Day!

The Falmer For All Campaign has designated Saturday 6 March as ‘National Falmer Day’.

Continuing their intensive campaign in support of Brighton & Hove Albion’s application for a new stadium at Falmer, groups of Albion fans will be attending FA Cup, Premier & Football League matches across the country on Saturday 6 March. Supporters will be handing out leaflets outside grounds with a view to harnessing further nationwide support.

Chairman of the Falmer For All Campaign, Paul Samrah, said “With John Prescott’s final decision possibly only days away, the Club’s future hangs in the balance. Quite simply, without Falmer, there can be no Brighton & Hove Albion. ‘National Falmer Day’ will harness the national support that exists amongst the football fraternity. We reiterate our call to football fans everywhere to urgently write or email the Deputy Prime Minister asking him to back Falmer.”

As part of ‘National Falmer Day’, matchday programmes on Saturday 6 March will feature an article on the Club’s plight. Matchday PA announcers are also being asked to mention the campaign.

ENDS

Background note to Editors

Brighton & Hove Albion’s plans for a new Community Stadium at Falmer, which would secure its future, are in jeopardy.

Despite an overwhelming show of public support, a report by a Planning Inspector on the City of Brighton & Hove’s new Local Plan has summarily dismissed the proposals, claiming there is a lack of National Interest and that part of the site is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The final decision though now rests with Deputy Prime Minister, John Prescott and is expected within a matter of days.

Quite simply, without Falmer, there can be no Brighton & Hove Albion. Why? Because the present temporary home is a 7,000 capacity athletics stadium - income is capped and ongoing losses are the inevitable result.

Plans were submitted to Brighton & Hove City Council for a Community Stadium at Falmer in October 2001. The Council approved the application by 11 votes to 1. The application though was ‘called in’ for a Public Inquiry, this concluded in October 2003. The Club has spent £2.5m on the application to date.

The Deputy Prime Minister, in his capacity as First Secretary of State will publish his decision any day now, having received the Planning Inspector’s report.

This has been sent out to national and local print and broadcast media

Just a clarification of the Press Release ...

The Background Note to Editors includes the following - "The Deputy Prime Minister, in his capacity as First Secretary of State will publish his decision any day now, having received the Planning Inspector’s report".

This shouldn't be taken too literally. The wording is intended to ensure that the media take an immediate interest in our Campaign. There has been no indication given by any informed party that the decision might be only days away.

If you notice any unusual symptoms of exitement or nerves, please consult a spin doctor immediately.

:)

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Early Doors said:
I was going to do Rushden. Do you wanna do together, or shall I cover another game?

Unfortunately I'm gonna be in a hospitality box so I'll not be able to. On the plus side I think my hosts were hoping to get Brian Malwinney (god knows how you spell that!) along as he's the Posh MP and a Posh fan - if so I can bend his ear for 90mins :clap2:

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
CP 0 3 BHA said:
Unfortunately I'm gonna be in a hospitality box so I'll not be able to. On the plus side I think my hosts were hoping to get Brian Malwinney (god knows how you spell that!) along as he's the Posh MP and a Posh fan - if so I can bend his ear for 90mins :clap2:

Nice one :clap:

I'm gonna do Gillingham now. Suits me, less miles to drive :D

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Is anyone going to Twickenham? England playing Ireland that day. Also Italy vs Scotland somewhere in Italy...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If anyone else is going to the Oxford v Huddersfield game, which end are you going in. I will be with the Town fans, obviously.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dave the gaffer said:
If anyone else is going to the Oxford v Huddersfield game, which end are you going in. I will be with the Town fans, obviously.

We were going to join you at that end but as the Rotherham v Bradford match wasn't being covered, we're going to Millmoor & we'll abuse Bradford for you, Dave

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will expect lots of abuse aimed at the Bradford scum Yorkie.

I will listen out for Ned on the TV highlights ( hopefully singing the YRA song)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here