Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which country...

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Finland, nice place.

If not, then Scotland, somewhere in the Highlands, maybe Wick or Fort William.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If i didn't have to work, i think i'd choose Cyprus. Somewhere up in the Troodos Mountains.

I am in a rather lucky situation where i am about to purchase a Narrowboat and travel around the UK canal system, so i wont actually ever live in one place and i'll get to see some far flung parts of the country.

Oh, and i work in Calais and have a converted barn in Sangatte a few miles along the coast that i live in when i am over there.

cyprus is a dysfunctional militarised shithole. if it wasnt sunny no one would go near the place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My instant knee jerk reaction would be Barbados.

But in reality, I'll be joining [MENTION=17608]chucky1973[/MENTION] & [MENTION=14198]HovaGirl[/MENTION] in the South of France Albion commune.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
South of France.

Not too far, good pace of life, got the weather and the french in the south are actually ok. oh and abundance of very cheap wine.
Yep, love Marseille. Proper city without the jet set, great Bouillabaisse and Rose wine, with beaches just down the road. Also whilst not commuting to and thro to LGW for games, can pop down to the Stade Velodrome to pick up the lingo from Monsieur Barton!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Stockholm, Sweden. Love the people and Stockholm is a great and beautiful city. But not sure I could cope with the never ending cold and grey winters, but the summer is fantastic.
Or, Hawaii, I have never felt more comfortable any where else, the climate, for me, is perfect and I loved Honolulu and the beaches of Ohau. For absolute beauty, great beaches and surf then kauai was something else, but does not have the city to enjoy as well, perfect mix of Polynesian culture and American service and quality.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A few places that I've been to where I wouldn't want to live:

Seoul
Paris
Singapore (sorry The Spanish, just my opinion!)
Damascus
Dubai

And some I would:

South West Crete
Basque region of northern Spain/southern France
San Francisco
parts of Utah, although their drinking laws could be a problem

And one I haven't been to but quite fancy the look of is Seattle and the San Juan Islands.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
no but plan to plot up there permanently asap. i can do grotty asia from there easy enough for visits, but anyone tells you its boring is a tedious backpacker - to live its f***ing brilliant.

Yeah, or er, someone who just has a different opinion to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here