Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which club would be your billionaire's football project?

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Bradford City

Went to university there in 96 and had a student season ticket there until they reached and stayed up in the prem on the last day of the 2000 season.

They had a string of poor owners and almost went pop such as we.

They have the fire tragedy in their past. Often forgotten in the light of hillsborough.

They have a lobsided but really atmospheric stadium in valley parade.

They get 12000 regularly in the lower leagues and could easily fill 25-30k in the prem.

They live in the shadow of Leeds and what better time to try and overshadow their illustrious West Yorkshire rivals than now, during their renaissance!

That’s where I’m spending my billions if uncle Tony doesn’t want to sell up!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
can i do a Football Manager, buy Man City and sell best players to Brighton?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bradford City

Went to university there in 96 and had a student season ticket there until they reached and stayed up in the prem on the last day of the 2000 season.

They had a string of poor owners and almost went pop such as we.

They have the fire tragedy in their past. Often forgotten in the light of hillsborough.

They have a lobsided but really atmospheric stadium in valley parade.

They get 12000 regularly in the lower leagues and could easily fill 25-30k in the prem.

They live in the shadow of Leeds and what better time to try and overshadow their illustrious West Yorkshire rivals than now, during their renaissance!

That’s where I’m spending my billions if uncle Tony doesn’t want to sell up!

Exactly the sort of thing I had in mind for this thread.

I like your logic :thumbsup: Would have to try and make the small side and end of VP look a bit better though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leeds United

tenor.gif

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Orient. My first project would be to piss West Ham off and give them some competition in my state of the art 30000 seat stadium, with a team packed with ex Albion players and youth team players.

I have come to have a soft spot for Watford O’s team

Definitely this.

Or Tranmere Rovers.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Stockport County - used to watch them quite a bit in the nineties - I know a few supporters and it’s horrible to se what happened to their club.
Also Manchester could do with two decent football clubs

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Guess if we're looking at non-league clubs, it would be highly amusing for several reasons to take Gateshead FC and turn them into a world football superpower.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I might also consider Palace and immediately re name them Brighton Rovers and put in a planning application for a stadium at Waterhall. You need a sense of humour as a billionaire!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Modena

Great location, great food, great transportation options, a race circuit for other activities

Or Shoreham, my home town and an old club, just bereft of investment and not very well run. would also get rid of Tim Laughton.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It would have to be a club based in/near a place that I'd like to spend time in, given I'd be visiting a fair bit. I'd like it to be proximate to one of the current 'big boys' to maximise the chance of annoying some fans used to winning alot, plus overseas glory hunters. I'd also like a club with a long history.

Therefore, I proudly announce that I will be buying TRANMERE.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I had an idea of emigrating to Scotchland and turning Stenhousemuir into the powerhouse of Scottish football, using my new wealth of Scottish dollars :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here