Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Which artist had the best ever single album career?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
1. I rather like The Second Coming, It sounds better now than it did on release.

2. Bed by 5:30 remains one of my favourite albums, I still play it a lot.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Bed by 5:30 remains one of my favourite albums, I still play it a lot.
5:30 were great live. I rushed out to buy the album (on cassette) after seeing them at the Zap and playing the first couple of singles non stop. I was disappointed. The production didn't really catch the excitement of their live shows. I haven't played it in years. I might dig out 'Air Conditioned Nightmare.'

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
...........with honourable mentions for The Alarm ...............

I know that people have been taking a few liberties with the 'one album during their career' requirement, but The Alarm must have made at least a dozen albums (and the second album 'Strength' was better than 'Declaration.')

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
5:30 were great live. I rushed out to buy the album (on cassette) after seeing them at the Zap and playing the first couple of singles non stop. I was disappointed. The production didn't really catch the excitement of their live shows. I haven't played it in years. I might dig out 'Air Conditioned Nightmare.'
I never got on with Air Conditioned Nightmare in the same way as I did Bed. I missed that Zap gig and never saw them live.

Tara Milton released a solo album a few years ago. I meant to pick up a copy when i was in the UK last year but totally forgot. Might need to get one sent.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
1eclection1968.jpg.w300h292.jpg
With strong links to Fairport Convention, Eclection made just this one great album before splitting up. If you liked Fairport, the Byrds and Jefferson Airplane, you'd be pretty certain to like Eclection. I found out about them and many more from John Peel and saw them do a great live gig at the wonderful Jimmy's in Steine Street in 1968 or 1969.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Should literally be the only answer. If I had a time machine it'd be a toss up between last week's lottery numbers and preventing the making of The Second Coming.
I saw The Stone Roses on The Second Coming tour, it was disappointing to say the least.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Curved Air released one brilliant album in 1970 - Air Conditioning

Amazingly they are still going “in name” on the back of it

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Carter wood. Unspoken. Contributions from Kevin Montgomery, Al Perkins and some other fabulously talented musicians. She became a full time mum and abandoned a promising music career.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I know that people have been taking a few liberties with the 'one album during their career' requirement, but The Alarm must have made at least a dozen albums (and the second album 'Strength' was better than 'Declaration.')
Strength was a much deeper, well rounded album. Declaration was all energy and excitement. Impossible to compare the two - but I agree, there's no way The Alarm can be said to have done only one good album.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree. It has degenerated to 'here is an album I like by a band I don't remember much about'.

As for Dennis Wilson. Sake. Next someone will post 'Vertical Man' by Ringo Starr.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here