Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Which artist had the best ever single album career?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
OK, I see others have mainly gone for bands who made one great album plus a pile of dogshite. In which case, try these:

Now hang on just one sodding second.

Wishbone Ash recorded an incendiary debut album AND there’s the rub is awesome too… in spite of the worst album cover ever.

So there.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
There’s loads of absolutely obscure one off albums that I consider to be lost masterpieces… Titus Groan, Pluto, Fuzzy Duck, Fuchsia, Greer, Folly’s Pool, Asgard, Dryewater, Armageddon, Czar, Indian Summer, Mellow Candle, Room… whether anyone else agrees however… lol 😂

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not sticking to the rules, best two album artist - Amy Whitehouse. Saw her at Pizza Express Sevenoaks guesting with a friends Jazz trio after being told I must come up because they had a great guest singer from the National Jazz youth orchestra. Absolutely blown away with her (and the band who were all younger than her :eek: ) must have been about a year before the release of her first album.

From that day I took great interest in her career, and got a copy of Frank early which got blasted all over the Withdean Junior School's summer barbeque in the field. I remember a few people asking what I was playing.

So sad :down::down:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not sticking to the rules, best two album artist - Amy Whitehouse. Saw her at Pizza Express Sevenoaks guesting with a friends Jazz trio after being told I must come up because they had a great guest singer from the National Jazz youth orchestra. Absolutely blown away with her (and the band who were all younger than her :eek: ) must have been about a year before the release of her first album.

From that day I took great interest in her career, and got a copy of Frank early which got blasted all over the Withdean Junior School's summer barbeque in the field. I remember a few people asking what I was playing.

She was a generational talent . Absolutely amazing .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Lucky you. Finger on the pulse

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Alt-J .... Awesome Wave.... Mercury PRIZE winner... nothing since.... the tracks on that album have been used in numerous film, TV and advert scores...I listen to it at least once a week.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is what I was going to post.

I was in New York last week and saw The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie doing a double headline 'Give Up' / 'Transatlanticism' show.

38 years of my life thus far and that's up there in the Best Night Ever category.
f*** me that's awesome

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
f*** me that's awesome
It was incredible.

Came about when me and my Mrs were in a pub in Birmingham talking about bucket list bands. Postal Service came up and it turned out they were doing this 20th anniversary tour.

Dumb luck from a dumb pub chat.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unbelievably, the answer is probably EMF.

...........with honourable mentions for The Alarm ...............

..... and Gail Ann Dorsey.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I agree with this statement. I’ll also add, it’s often the case these same people think everything which has been released since they were 16-24 is rubbish…..which is nonsense.
Everything released since I was 24 - in 1977 - is rubbish……… we’ll maybe not.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Live dates is not an album of original songs. So ner. Ner. NER! :wink:

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I don't know that I'd claim that it's the bestest ever, but the one-off album that I've listened to most over the years must be One Dove's Morning Dove White.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here