Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Albion player have you been most wrong about?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought Liam Dickinson would be the business. I also thought Paul Armstrong would be amazing because he played for Rep. Ireland u-21's :lol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Craig Mackail-Smith!

In terms of value, one of our most disappointing signings. Never a £3m striker...

But for some reason all held in very high regard by opposition fans who remember him being a League One goal machine with Peterborough (and more importantly George Boyd)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
CKR. I gave the guy a chance and thought he would come good, but he was clearly using us as a stop gap for something better without ever wanting to sweat blood.

I should have realised that a young player from Bury with a monolithic management and PR team was always going to be too cool for Withdean Stadium.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Will Buckley...after that debut, expected quality and consistency...got far too little of either.

To be fair to him, we got a lot of quality from him in that first season then his weak hamstrings really took their toll.

I am convinced that we sold Gus an injured player. He'll get the odd game out of him here and there but never to the standard he was.

Sami was critical of his effort in training but I think he is finished as a player. The only chance he's got is if he's allowed to have a long time out of the game to resolve his problems.

Aug 23, 2011
Possibly Michel Kuipers who I seem to recall being substituted at half time on his debut.

Was that away at Southend? I recall a keeper being subbed at half time but also recall chants of sign him up although that could have been a different player. Hmm may have to google to refresh my memory

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Stephen Ward. He was a good LB and he got better as last season went on. But initially I focused on Ward's lack of pace and the odd positioning error. I was gutted that the brilliant Wayne Bridge didn't stay, so compared Ward to him unfairly.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Had a quick scan and couldn't see JC the football genius the stick he got then one night at watforf he scored and behind his back made yhe v sign to us fans, he then became good and as they say "the rest is history" a legend!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Turienzo - mainly because he scored a HATFUL for me in FM that season...how many games did we get from him?
Pitcher - The thought (at the time) of an England player (albeit at the conference level) was great...plus a player with a nickname of Pingu? Such a shame.
Harley - very excited after Gus blew his beans over the signing...his debut v Peterborough was class...the rest? Complete shite.
Dirk Lehmann...just no.

Bridge: Like many I thought he was past it, but he was incredible - way too good for this league.
Simon Morgan - thought he was superb, had a great partnership with...I think Cullip at the time.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I remember being excited over Mark Farrington, :facepalm:

£100,000 from Feyenoord wasn't it? Seemed a vast amount back then.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Graeme Smith. Big on reputation very, very small on goalkeeping skills. He puts Stockdales dodgy start into perspective, for which we should be thankful.

Bridge and Upson were a pleasant surprise, they still had IT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here