[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

There’s now an Ecuadorean journo saying Brighton have got nowhere with Chelsea and it’s over in favour of Liverpool - could well be bullshit but would be fitting if there was one last mad twist to end this bizarrest of soap operas

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think someone at Chelsea has been crunching some numbers, and this deal just won’t work for them with FFP. Liverpool it’s easy, they just wait around until chelsea decide if they bid, and if they don’t, I have no doubt that Moises goes there, as his agents won’t get a pay out at all if they wait until next summer.
I was chatting with a Liverpool fan and he was saying that they bid £111m because £110m was over the FFP threshold for Chelsea, which might explain why they are trying to include players as part of the deal. Another theory, in amongst a million others

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think it's the most likely outcome. The idea Chelsea will suddenly find the cash seems unlikely. Let's hope Moises thinks for himself and makes the obvious and correct decision.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jesus Christ. Never thought I’d see that. I mean, it’s ok to dislike Liverpool or any other club. But for the way their Abramovitch-era spending capsized football, and for the sheer nastiness of most of their fans (there must be exceptions), Chelsea are way, way beyond forgiveness.
There's a few - just a small few -of Albion supportters/NSCers whose hatred of scousers would be racism if they had different colour skins (or religions) but thankfully they are a sad minority - even on a website where many think the north starts at Watford!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm not sure what, besides bragging rights, is the actual difference to the player between £111 million, and £110 million, in a transfer fee that is paid to the club, not the player.

What CFC and LFC can offer in actual pay to the player must be roughly comparable in this kind of situation.

The transfer fee, and not the hit the wage bill takes, is the FFP sticking point, surely.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm not sure what, besides bragging rights, is the actual difference to the player between £111 million, and £110 million, in a transfer fee that is paid to the club, not the player.

What CFC and LFC can offer in actual pay to the player must be roughly comparable in this kind of situation.

The transfer fee, and not the hit the wage bill takes, is the FFP sticking point, surely.
As TB relaxes in his leather armchair puffing on a Cuban, this is how you do it son one day it will be you mugging off these clubs 🤣 a million is a lot of money my boy bleed them dry.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There’s now an Ecuadorean journo saying Brighton have got nowhere with Chelsea and it’s over in favour of Liverpool - could well be bullshit but would be fitting if there was one last mad twist to end this bizarrest of soap operas

“All talk - No cash” is a particularly good chant for our Chelsea games this season if Liverpool get their man.

I’m looking forward to our club’s response if Chelsea do issue another bid after the auction has closed.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
After all this, I think Moises yet again is being very badly advised.

It does make me start to realise why United may have backed away before he joined us!

Assuming transfer doesn't go ahead, I'm not sure how Moises moves forward other than sacking his representatives

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This transfer needs to be completed, I’m sick of hearing his name now.

It’s taking the shine off the start of the new season.
We want you to go
We want you to go
Moises Caicedo, we just want you to go.

—————-

I actually think it would be kind of funny if he stays and plays a blinder for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports