[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mark Twain also had a great comment along those lines:

'When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.'
When I was a teenager and used to bang on about Marx and the Revolution, my Gran would put her hand on my shoulder and say "Even the very young don't know everything."

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How much will Chelsea bid this summer?

£150 million?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Why is this a discussion he signed a new deal a few months ago committing himself to the Albion for the next four years🤣😂

On a serious note when a player signs a contract I think the player should be move barred for at least half of the contract length. We shouldn’t be discussing Caciedo moving on for two more years.
But that sort of a rule would hurt us as a club and see TB having to put more of his money into the club to keep us competitive. Players would be even more reluctant to sign a new deal bringing their value down even more especially at clubs aren’t the so called big 6/7.

Getting Caicedo to sign a new deal protects the clubs interests and maximise what we can get for him if we do sell. It’s exactly what Tony Bloom wants the club to be doing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A bidding war is EXACTLY what we need here.

Manchester United are focusing on other midfield targets, with Brighton & Hove Albion’s Moises Caicedo top of their list, after reaching an impasse in their attempts to sign Mason Mount.​
The decision to pursue other options was taken after Chelsea rejected their third offer for Mount, worth £55 million. Chelsea are insisting on £65 million, a price United consider unrealistic given that the player, 24, has only one year left on his contract.​

This link may help you with any paywall you encounter: https://archive.ph/

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sounds like Man United are becoming stronger contenders to sign Caicedo. Losing interest in Mason Mount. Could just be a stance to urge Chelsea on a bit I suppose - fed up with the Mount deal taking too long so talking up interest in a player that's wanted at Stamford Bridge as an alternative. Missing out on Caicedo and simultaneously failing to offload Mount for big money would be a blow to Boehly you'd imagine - though he can probably just send him to Saudi Arabia for whatever amount FFP requires if push comes to shove..

**Bozza beat me by a few seconds!** Someone else with nothing better to do on a Saturday evening presumably
:)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If they’d been more focused United could have got Moises over him coming here. They threw in the towel as it was a bit complicated.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If they’d been more focused United could have got Moises over him coming here. They threw in the towel as it was a bit complicated.
How they said too much red tape but we did it seems odd - If that’s the case. Surely they should have the best people sorting it. I think they just didn’t rate him highly enough to sort it…

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Would be pleased if he went there rather than Stamford Bridge, if he has to go somewhere in this country. Feels like a more 'genuine' move - not purely about the money.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was a whole issues of multiple representatives for Moises when we signed him, and individuals claiming part ownership of him and owed fees. Was a risky transfer to stay within the rules - but him signing with that agent in December presumably tidies all of that up.

It’s also thought signing Billy Arce I think it was put in groundwork for other players

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Sounds like Man United are becoming stronger contenders to sign Caicedo. Losing interest in Mason Mount. Could just be a stance to urge Chelsea on a bit I suppose - fed up with the Mount deal taking too long so talking up interest in a player that's wanted at Stamford Bridge as an alternative. Missing out on Caicedo and simultaneously failing to offload Mount for big money would be a blow to Boehly you'd imagine - though he can probably just send him to Saudi Arabia for whatever amount FFP requires if push comes to shove..

**Bozza beat me by a few seconds!** Someone else with nothing better to do on a Saturday evening presumably
I don't see it. Man United priced out of Mount but suddenly can afford an extra £30m who just happens to be the top target of the club that's refusing to sell them Mount?

All a big game.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
A bidding war is EXACTLY what we need here.

Manchester United are focusing on other midfield targets, with Brighton & Hove Albion’s Moises Caicedo top of their list, after reaching an impasse in their attempts to sign Mason Mount.​
The decision to pursue other options was taken after Chelsea rejected their third offer for Mount, worth £55 million. Chelsea are insisting on £65 million, a price United consider unrealistic given that the player, 24, has only one year left on his contract.​

This link may help you with any paywall you encounter: https://archive.ph/
We’ve just put that out there so Chelsea panic and all of a sudden they throw Levi back in the negotiations.
We can only hope.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don't see it. Man United priced out of Mount but suddenly can afford an extra £30m who just happens to be the top target of the club that's refusing to sell them Mount?

All a big game.
They don’t want to spend that on Mount when he only has a year left on his contract. That doesn’t mean they won’t spend more on Caicedo when he’s younger, has a longer contract, and is a lot better player too.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton

All a big game.
They're not priced out. They're saying paying £55m for a player with one year on his contract (MM) is "unrealistic". They can afford it, just as Chelsea can afford to throw £100m at Caicedo, although seem to be low-balling currently. Just a game of negotiations... one which Mr Bloom seems quite good at.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
But that sort of a rule would hurt us as a club and see TB having to put more of his money into the club to keep us competitive. Players would be even more reluctant to sign a new deal bringing their value down even more especially at clubs aren’t the so called big 6/7.

Getting Caicedo to sign a new deal protects the clubs interests and maximise what we can get for him if we do sell. It’s exactly what Tony Bloom wants the club to be doing.
That depends on success I think they can sense under RDZ we can have more and that’s why he appears to be getting heavily backed this summer. RDZ is so confident I think he believes top four is achievable adding different players and a creating a deeper squad depth. The more success we have the less we have to rely on selling the Crown Jewels each summer. We have done extremely well recruiting wise although we may not find a gem for another two or three seasons you can’t rely on it forever.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Sales to Saudi Arabia won’t help them with FFP this year according to The Athletic. Which is good news for us (and United) maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports