Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If he has the choice then personally I think he should choose United. I still would like him to stay for 1 more season, but I can't see the attraction of going to the bag of frogs that is Chelsea, unless they can offer him obscene wages.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Our world class midfield being sold off in one window.
Small club mentality unfortunately.

I’m we lose Caicedo/Mac and replace them with unknown quantities we will be very likely heading into next season with a much worse and less stable midfield.

There is nothing good about Moises leaving, he’s a world class player who we must do all we can to keep, for me Caicedo is hands down our single most important player to our style of play.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I’m we lose Caicedo/Mac and replace them with unknown quantities we will be very likely heading into next season with a much worse and less stable midfield.

There is nothing good about Moises leaving, he’s a world class player who we must do all we can to keep, for me Caicedo is hands down our single most important player to our style of play.
The club's model is to be a stepping stone. I doubt we'll ever see a player of Moises' quality in our shirt. But it's the model. We bought him for 4m and we'll sell him for 80-100m. We'll buy some thrilling cover.
We won't replace him. But we can compensate for his loss by astute signings, players maturing, tactical development and so on.
Try and enjoy it.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The club's model is to be a stepping stone. I doubt we'll ever see a player of Moises' quality in our shirt. But it's the model. We bought him for 4m and we'll sell him for 80-100m. We'll but some thrilling cpver.
We won't replace him. But we can compensate for his loss by astute signings, players maturing, tactical development and so on.
Try and enjoy it.
The clubs model up until now has worked, but things change and the situation at the club has changed, of course we must continue what has worked in some way but keeping Moises should be our priority.

I disagree the clubs model is to be a stepping stone, we have always accepted being a stepping stone because we’ve never been in Europe, never finished in the top 6 teams in the country, and never had a squad full of this class of talent.

I fully accept the possibility of Moises going and I understand him going in a sense but I just don’t believe there is any positive in him leaving, he’s so so so good.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I’m resigned to losing Moises this summer but the arrogance of the big 6 clubs, is quite amazing, as is the number of stories being written about clubs with “an interest“ in him!!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Absolutely, the relaxation of selling the midfield that let’s be honest we look a bit shite without them is quite astonishing amongst Brighton fans. Two new midfielders that struggle with the pace of the PL and it won’t be all roses like last season.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The club's model is to be a stepping stone. I doubt we'll ever see a player of Moises' quality in our shirt. But it's the model. We bought him for 4m and we'll sell him for 80-100m. We'll but some thrilling cpver.
Try and enjoy it.
He's gone. I don't think we'll play differently next season.

Btw we bossed Arsenal at The Emirates while he played at right back so it's not all doom and gloom

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
United coming into the fray with Chelsea holding out for silly buggers' money for Mason Mount; bidding war with Chelsea coming up. It won't end well for United - they'll lose. So will Moises, except financially - still, all those little starving Caicedos can afford pudding as well as a main course now, eh?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I disagree the clubs model is to be a stepping stone, we have always accepted being a stepping stone because we’ve never been in Europe, never finished in the top 6 teams in the country, and never had a squad full of this class of talent.
We don't pay top six wages and aren't a big six team that players aspire to join. This is our best time as a club for fans but to think we're suddenly par with the big six is delusional.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We don't pay top six wages and aren't a big six team that players aspire to join. This is our best time as a club for fans but to think we're suddenly par with the big six is delusional.
The smart money is slowly changing the landscape of that though and it’s pissing these so called clubs off. What I mean by that is Brentford’s and Brightons of this world. I Still believe the PL did everything in their power to stop us breaking into the top four last season. Refs, VAR and a fixture pile up no other side had to deal with quite like ours.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
And if Chelsea don't unload Mount by the 30th June it increases the pressure they are under to comply with FFP.
Meaning the chances of unloading Levi Colwill increases slightly.

*Although I'm sure they'll magically find a Saudi club to buy one of their players they don't want for about £80m to alleviate FFP pressure..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Sustainable club mentality. We don’t have the income to support paying 150/200k per week wages, players will move on for that kind of money.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
A bidding war is EXACTLY what we need here.

Manchester United are focusing on other midfield targets, with Brighton & Hove Albion’s Moises Caicedo top of their list, after reaching an impasse in their attempts to sign Mason Mount.​
The decision to pursue other options was taken after Chelsea rejected their third offer for Mount, worth £55 million. Chelsea are insisting on £65 million, a price United consider unrealistic given that the player, 24, has only one year left on his contract.​

This link may help you with any paywall you encounter: https://archive.ph/
Presuming Moises is going SOMEWHERE this summer, I would say Man utd would be a good fit. He's in a different class compared to Fred and McTom. It's just a shame that any potential new owners aren't in place there as they would bound to be making a few "moneys no object" statement signings.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The clubs model up until now has worked, but things change and the situation at the club has changed, of course we must continue what has worked in some way but keeping Moises should be our priority.

I fully accept the possibility of Moises going and I understand him going in a sense but I just don’t believe there is any positive in him leaving, he’s so so so good.
It’s the way it works. West Ham have just been in Europe 2 seasons running, just won a competition yet their academy product still wants to leave.

Unless we are regularly in the champions league and challenging for the Premier League their is a ‘step up’

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sustainable club mentality. We don’t have the income to support paying 150/200k per week wages, players will move on for that kind of money.
And the third factor now (on top of transfer fee and salary), length of contract.

Wealthy (I hesitate to say big) clubs are now offering big salaries on very long contracts. This gives players enormous security - on huge wages - in what was traditionally regarded as a volatile profession.

For example, plucky Newcastle, who so many see as operating on a relative shoe string, are just about to buy Tonali for £60 million plus add ons. His wages will be £140,000 a week (not bonkers compared to some, but out of our league) but critically they are offering him a 6 year contract. So he is guaranteed £7.2m a year until he is 29 years old.

That's a further £43.2 million expenditure on top of the £60 million transfer fee.

That's the kind of financial exposure that Brighton, and clubs not backed by country-level wealth, just can't risk.

And he's not a one off at Newcastle. They gave Isak (£60m transfer fee) a six year contract, until he is 29. They gave Botman (£40m fee) a five year contract, taking him to 28 years old.

The new challenge for clubs trying to be sustainable is Transfer Fee x Salary x Contact Length.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here