Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Caught Offside has another click bait article which, yet again, recycles the story that Moises has agreed personal terms with Chelsea. Its all getting a bit tiring. If a bid has been submitted, it was for less than we rejected from Arsenal before he signed a new contract. It has been reported that this was a "secret bid" that "appears to have been rejected." Presumably it only 'appears to have been rejected' because laughing and telling someone to f-off, is not actually saying the word 'No'. Since then, just click bait with an endless parade of chancers claiming to have whispers, reporting him as £80 million rated, Brighton want £100m, Brighton are asking too much, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum.

Just over ten years ago we had that wonderful transfer window when Bridge, Bruno, Orlandi, D Lopez, Crofty & Hammond all arrived seemingly out of the blue with little or no forewarning. At that time, the transfer window seemed like great fun and not knowing anything until just before it happened was a big part of the excitement. Now, twice a year, whether buying or selling, we're just inundated with endless numbers of social media hookworms, ticks and leaches, all sucking away at football's rump: Agents looking for heat for their clients, 'journalists' looking for clicks and ad revenue, pundits looking for attention and money.

I don't care any more. Nobody knows anything until it's about to happen. I wish I had an ignore button for most of the internet. I'd never used the one on here until this week and it has worked wonders for getting me out of that interminable Christianity thread.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Caught Offside has another click bait article which, yet again, recycles the story that Moises has agreed personal terms with Chelsea. Its all getting a bit tiring. If a bid has been submitted, it was for less than we rejected from Arsenal before he signed a new contract. It has been reported that this was a "secret bid" that "appears to have been rejected." Presumably it only 'appears to have been rejected' because laughing and telling someone to f-off, is not actually saying the word 'No'. Since then, just click bait with an endless parade of chancers claiming to have whispers, reporting him as £80 million rated, Brighton want £100m, Brighton are asking too much, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum.

Just over ten years ago we had that wonderful transfer window when Bridge, Bruno, Orlandi, D Lopez, Crofty & Hammond all arrived seemingly out of the blue with little or no forewarning. At that time, the transfer window seemed like great fun and not knowing anything until just before it happened was a big part of the excitement. Now, twice a year, whether buying or selling, we're just inundated with endless numbers of social media hookworms, ticks and leaches, all sucking away at football's rump: Agents looking for heat for their clients, 'journalists' looking for clicks and ad revenue, pundits looking for attention and money.

I don't care any more. Nobody knows anything until it's about to happen. I wish I had an ignore button for most of the internet. I'd never used the one on here until this week and it has worked wonders for getting me out of that interminable Christianity thread.
We need a sub forum where posting BS transfer stories is banned. Also religion, politics and Glastonbury should be banned from this Utopian forum too.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
“£100m is too much, it’s way too much. This is a player who has had one full season in the Premier League.

“It’s absolutely outrageous that you would be spending £100m on a player that two years ago, you could have bought for £4m.”

The point they’re missing is that yes £100m is lots of money but it’s an attempt to put off a buying club from coming after our player. Why should we set the fee at a reasonable/fair/affordable amount? It’s £100m because Tony is saying “if you want our player, that we don’t want to sell, then you are going to have to pay an extortionate amount”. It’s just funny how clubs moan about high fees as if this is some kind of shop where our intention is to sell as many players as possible. This isn’t sainsburys and we only exist to sell you a product.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
“£100m is too much, it’s way too much. This is a player who has had one full season in the Premier League.

“It’s absolutely outrageous that you would be spending £100m on a player that two years ago, you could have bought for £4m.”

'One journalist who is none too impressed by the fee being touted for the 21-year-old is transfer expert Dean Jones.'

:lolol:

Now, far be it from me to come across (again, probably) as a grumpy old man, but can you REALLY be an 'expert' in anything at 21? And what even is a 'transfer expert'?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The point they’re missing is that yes £100m is lots of money but it’s an attempt to put off a buying club from coming after our player. Why should we set the fee at a reasonable/fair/affordable amount? It’s £100m because Tony is saying “if you want our player, that we don’t want to sell, then you are going to have to pay an extortionate amount”. It’s just funny how clubs moan about high fees as if this is some kind of shop where our intention is to sell as many players as possible. This isn’t sainsburys and we only exist to sell you a product.
This!

I haven't read the whole thread, so I assume someone has posted this before:

We need to recover his market value + the opportunity we have to compete in 4 competitions next year.
That's the compensation we need to sell him, not just want someone thinks he's worth.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
'One journalist who is none too impressed by the fee being touted for the 21-year-old is transfer expert Dean Jones.'

Now, far be it from me to come across (again, probably) as a grumpy old man, but can you REALLY be an 'expert' in anything at 21? And what even is a 'transfer expert'?
Tik Tok?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
To be fair, it's not the big-6 clubs that moan but the fans of the big-6 clubs, specifically the non-UK-based armchair variety, who just see all other clubs as feeders.

Although who are we to question the knowledge of 21-year-old transfer expert Dean Jones?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now, far be it from me to come across (again, probably) as a grumpy old man, but can you REALLY be an 'expert' in anything at 21?
TikTok
Wanking
Wearing sliders and socks
Lie-ins

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

In my experience, you can be an expert at everything at 21. It's only as you get older that you find out how much stuff there is to know and how little you know about nearly all of it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We need a sub forum where posting BS transfer stories is banned. Also religion, politics and Glastonbury should be banned from this Utopian forum too.
We have an Albion only sub forum, right at the top. It won't cut out transfer rumours but it does eliminate your other three.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

"21-year-old" refers to Caicedo.

Having said that, the only Dean Jones I'm aware of was an Australian cricketer.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Caught Offside has another click bait article which, yet again, recycles the story that Moises has agreed personal terms with Chelsea.
:shrug: Maybe he has...?

"Well gosh darn tootin', Moses, you're a mighty swell soccerballer and I'd sure like to add you my roster. How'd you like to earn a sweet two hunner't thousand bucks a week?"

"¡Sí Señor!"

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Are you too young to remember the Herbie films? Dean Jones was his driver. Money for old rope, as it wasn't clear he ever needed one. Must have given him loads of spare time to post his ill informed opinions on player valautions and to make up racist nicknames for Hashim Amla.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Are you too young to remember the Herbie films? Dean Jones was his driver. Money for old rope, as it wasn't clear he ever needed one. Must have given him loads of spare time to post his ill informed opinions on player valautions and to make up racist nicknames for Hashim Amla.
Ha. My memory doesn't work that way. I'm useless at movie trivia. I can quite happily go back and re-read a book I've read 4-5 times already again and not suffer from spoilers as long as there's a few years between reads.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Ah yes, so it does! My apologies to Mr Jones – however old he is!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If City get Rice then Caciedo goes to Arsenal.
Some reports suggest Arsenal have already pulled out and want Rice and (the cheaper than Caicedo) Lavia.

For me, Chelsea always seemed the most likely destination and nothing has happened to change my mind, although one report this evening suggested Man Utd could step in.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It is utterly irrelevant what we paid for Moises. It is what he is worth now and to whom..............quite simple. If Brighton, Tony in particular doesn't agree with the price he'll remain here. They can whine all they want.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It is utterly irrelevant what we paid for Moises. It is what he is worth now and to whom..............quite simple. If Brighton, Tony in particular doesn't agree with the price he'll remain here. They can whine all they want.
There is another factor I believe. If we’ve not got a replacement for him, I think he’ll stay also. There is talk of Haidara, Adams, Caqueret or Amrabat but if we can’t get in a really good defensive midfielder, I think he stays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here