Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rising to £55m with add-ons, which are presumably achievable.
I’d go as far as saying (as yesterday) the clause was £35m up front and we’d have negotiated nailed on clauses to get it to £45m and others that are likely ish for the other £10m. It’s £55m in my book anyway 🙌

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So when is Dahoud and Milner being announced?

Yesterday someone said the club can’t do that until 1 July , but that hasn’t stopped Liverpool unveiling Mac
Can be announced any time, but not formally completed until the window opens.
Might be the new shirt Is imminent so we waiting for that?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So when is Dahoud and Milner being announced?

Yesterday someone said the club can’t do that until 1 July , but that hasn’t stopped Liverpool unveiling Mac
Whoever said that is wrong. Those are the dates for processing the paperwork, when they formally become employees of the club. You can announce earlier

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
I never said this @Bozza ??

1686227863532.png

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’d go as far as saying (as yesterday) the clause was £35m up front and we’d have negotiated nailed on clauses to get it to £45m and others that are likely ish for the other £10m. It’s £55m in my book anyway 🙌
This. The ‘mechanism’ that Naylor has spoken of must mean £35m upfront or talks don’t even begin. I suspect that’s why the market for Mac was so small as many of the ‘big teams’ like stretching the payments out for as long as possible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
35m! Waiting for somebody on here to tell me that Bloom the poker playing wizard has pulled off another blinder!
It seemed fairly clear that Liverpool was Mac's dream move. We have to admit, I think, that the Mac Allister negotiating team played a blinder with that contract last autumn! The circumstances, with Mac off to the WC and contract running down etc. gave them a strong negotiating position of course - but it looks like they made the best of their chances. Fair enough - it's business.
Good luck from me for Mac at Liverpool - I hope he does well.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
£35m seems cheap but I still think he has a lot to prove and Liv were careful not to pay Messi tax. We'll look back on his time with fondness. Hopefully he clicks at liverpool.

While he might look class he still has work to do to be as good as a lot of people are suggesting he is IMO. His goal and assists (10g 2a) wasn't great when you consider six of those goals were penalties. If he can add a bit of mezzala to his DMC / AMC versatility then they have a perfect replacement for Henderson.

£35m is better than a smack in the face and he leaves a relative legend. Can't complain.

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
They haven't gone ahead.

As was the case with Pedro to us, Liverpool have merely said "We have reached an agreement for the transfer of..."

They haven't gone ahead.

As was the case with Pedro to us, Liverpool have merely said "We have reached an agreement for the transfer of..."
Hi Bozza, Just making sure you see this. I did not post what Questions has quoted me as saying??

1686228155616.png

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
£35m seems cheap but I still think he has a lot to prove and Liv were careful not to pay Messi tax. We'll look back on his time with fondness. Hopefully he clicks at liverpool.

While he might look class he still has work to do to be as good as a lot of people are suggesting he is IMO. His goal and assists (10g 2a) wasn't great when you consider six of those goals were penalties. If he can add a bit of mezzala to his DMC / AMC versatility then they have a perfect replacement for Henderson.

£35m is better than a smack in the face and he leaves a relative legend. Can't complain.
£35m would be cheap, but I’m sure the clauses for the additional £20m have been made totally achievable. I would have wanted more but £55m is totally fine really & few could have predicted his post World Cup rise in value since the contract was signed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It might be because most folks were valuing Alexis at 70m a few weeks back. What has changed?
It turned out that 'most folks' didn't really have a clue? And they're not Tony Bloom/involved in the hierarchy of Brighton and Hove Albion?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He is the epitome of class. You can tell he’s written that himself, it’s not been written by a social media bod, and it comes from the heart.

Will always love Alexis and want him to do well.
Exactly what I was thinking, not a crafted goodbye, but written solely by him and not edited - no PR-person would allow the 'good luck except when I play against you!' line - which is one of my favourite parts really.

Au revoir dear Alexis

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Wow, we are a spoilt lot aren't we... and it isn't even our money we are talking about.

This club is one of the best run clubs in Europe, if not the best. Given the circumstances around MacAllister in November last year, knowing he wanted to go to Liverpool, PB/TB etc. would have done everything possible to maximise the amount we would get this summer, whilst still retaining the player for the push for Europe. Hence the contract that was put together... if that contract hadn't have been there, he would have had 1 yr left, and some of you lot would really be throwing the toys out of the pram at 20m or similar!

Blocking a move would have been stupid, he is a role model for all the other young South Americans, and shows any new prospective signings that we do things the right way - when you are ready, and the club is ready, then a deal will be done to make all parties happy.

We've made 48m profit on him in 4 years (add-ons notwithstanding but as others have said, I am sure they are all very achievable) - that is still outstanding business whichever way you look at it. The White (50m)/ Cucurella (62m) business was insane and not a yardstick to assume we can do that with everyone.

Now, if Caicedo goes for anything less than 70m then :tantrum:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This whole '£35m' is such a load of nonsense. I can see why that dilbert Romano posted it because he's got a whole community on Twitter retweeting and believing it and essentially hanging off his every 'Here we go'. But, in reality, all that's happened is a contract has been drawn up that states there will be further payments – possibly up to £55m, we don't know. It's a bit like buying a £50,000 car on finance after putting down a 50% deposit and then telling people you got it for £25k!

Plus we don't know any details of any potentially lucrative sell-on clauses, etc, etc. But then I've read on here and on Twitter that the fee is a FLAT £35m and those people must be ITK to say something with such conviction, so we really have been royally screwed over.

Or maybe not :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here