Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sad he's gone. Gutted he went there.

Thanks Alexis.
Absolutely this. Brilliant player and human being. Gone to the worse big club imaginable.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just maybe the deal with Liverpool was in place before he signed the new contract and we insisted on it being signed so there could not be shenanigans this summer?

His Dad has been banging on about him going to Liverpool for ages
Yes, maybe - that's what I mean by it would be interesting to see exactly what was included in that contract!

I see that West Ham have just announced the price they want for Rice - depending on which figure for Mac to Liverpool you believe, it's 2 or 3 times as much as Mac Allister!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Meh. Sideways move.

According to some WAG on here :dunce:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
We know that it wasn't a normal release clause. Perhaps the clause was £35m (plus add-ons) to Liverpool, £75m to anyone else
Yeah, that would make sense, as for £35 mill upfront, one would think there would have been a disorderly queue. Wonder if he'll be as good there. Anyhow, he's Liverpool now, adios.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I think he a brilliant man but only a very good player.

Despite playing for much of the season in his preferred number 10 role he managed two league goals from open play and very few assists. He’s good on the ball and very tidy in possession but he’s nowhere near the level some seem to think he is.

I’m not sure we will truly miss the player but we will miss the man and for that I wish him all the very best.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Certainly not convinced that is or was his best option and a bit surprised that a European club unless their skint didn't come in for him?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
35m! Waiting for somebody on here to tell me that Bloom the poker playing wizard has pulled off another blinder!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'm so pleased that Ally Mac's dad has got the big-money move he always wanted.

Alexis was happy to stay, but the financial needs of the family come first, it seems.
Ooh, interesting, a shame if we could have had a bit longer out of him but still won't begrudge his moving on.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I am quite frankly staggered that TB is getting pelters from some over this transfer.

He can oversee my financial dealings any time he likes :lolol:
It might be because most folks were valuing Alexis at 70m a few weeks back. What has changed?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I think he a brilliant man but only a very good player.

Despite playing for much of the season in his preferred number 10 role he managed two league goals from open play and very few assists. He’s good on the ball and very tidy in possession but he’s nowhere near the level some seem to think he is.

I’m not sure we will truly miss the player but we will miss the man and for that I wish him all the very best.
Agree to an extent. There’s every chance he will go up a level at Liverpool though , if there are better players around him.
There is no doubt (putting to one side the whys and wherefores) Liverpool have the better end of this deal.

Last edited:

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
So when is Dahoud and Milner being announced?

Yesterday someone said the club can’t do that until 1 July , but that hasn’t stopped Liverpool unveiling Mac

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here