Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where have NSC posters been in the world?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Scotland, Wales, Republic of Ireland, Gibraltar, Spain (Mainland and Canaries), France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Greece (Crete) Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Botswana and Namibia.

Give me a sunny summers day in Good Old Sussex-By-The-Sea, any day.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Have forgotten the names of most of the Greek islands I've been to on boys own bargain breaks. Seem to vaguely recall going to: Paros, Anti-Paros, Paxos, Anti-Paxos, Kos, Anti-Kos, Skiathos, Anti-Skiathos, Or maybe I made most of those up. Truth is, they all sort of blend into one so you can't remember the good ones from the anti-good ones.

Thats how my far east trip in the RN works. As a 19 year old, one asian redlight district looked the same as all the others, so difficult to pin down incidents to any specific country .:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have forgotten the names of most of the Greek islands I've been to on boys own bargain breaks. Seem to vaguely recall going to: Paros, Anti-Paros, Paxos, Anti-Paxos, Kos, Anti-Kos, Skiathos, Anti-Skiathos, Or maybe I made most of those up. Truth is, they all sort of blend into one so you can't remember the good ones from the anti-good ones.

I think they'll all called Germany now. This should make your life a bit easier.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Until just after Easter I'd never been outside Europe, so touring USA and Canada for 2 weeks was pretty amazing. This summer I am spending the month of August in Christchurch, New Zealand, and will be in Melbourne and Sydney for a week before. Unbelievably excited. European countries: France, Belgium, Czech Republic, Spain, Germany, Guernsey, Switzerland, Austria.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Albania (day trip!), Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Cambodia, China (Hong Kong), Czech Republic, Denmark, East Germany (pre-1990), Egypt, France, Greece (Athens, Corfu, Rhodes, Skiathos), Holland, Iceland, India, Italy (+ Sicily), Jordan, Kenya (safari), Laos, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, United States (New York), Vietnam, West Germany.

Next year, planning to visit Malaysia (mate of mine working out there), and Costa Rica.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Not really well travelled have been to England, Scotland, Wales, France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Monaco, Gibraltar. Think that's about it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Went to Tromso in January. A beer was £8. Fish 'n chips was £25. Just totally RIDICULOUS. On the plus side, anywhere in the world you ever go again will always seem cheap by comparison.

It was my first overseas trip in the navy, and I was shocked. Thankfully, we had beer on the ship, but I dont remember any major drunken nights. Amazingly, I was on the old Ark Royal, and we travelled up the Fford to the city. Had 8 feet clearance on each side at one point.
I have a memory of beer being around 7 quid then... Andys bar sticks in my mind for some reason.
Definitely prefer the half a litre for less than a quid here :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've been to Skegness, and as suspected it was ****ing shit.

36489e9dccfe374ae9a6ad55b3d309f0.jpg

Memory not what it was but I've been to:

France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, USA, Canada, Tunisia, Mexico, Canaries (GC & Tenerife) er think that's all. Does Gillingham count?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Proudest and most obscure travel moment = Equatorial Guinea. Diplomatic trip. Standing on a red carpet in suit and tie in 40 degrees while the local band maimed the national anthem. Met their president, who is now Africa's longest serving head of state. There are some choice rumours surrounding him but he didn't eat me.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A lot of time in the R.N.,so, quite a few.
Off the top of my head, Russia,Finland,Estonia,Norway,Sweden, Denmark,Germany,TheNetherlands,Belgium,France,Iceland,Ireland,England,Scotland,Wales,Ireland,Spain,Portugal,Gibraltar,Monaco,Italy,Corsica,Sicily,Sardinia,Crete,Greece,Turkey, Israel,Egypt,Tunisia,Algeria, Morocco, Cyprus, Malta, North Yemen, Djibouti,Oman, Dubai, UAE, Pakistan, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Brunei, Philippines, Australia, Kenya, Ascension Islands, Falkland Islands, South Georgia, Antarctica, America,

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Germany, France, Spain ( Majorca & Minorca), Italy ( Amalfi, Ischia, Capri, Sardinia, the lakes & Sicily), Dominican Republic, Morocco :nono:, Gibralta, Cyprus and the Falkland Is (RAF) :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here