Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where have NSC posters been in the world?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Been to about 30 in Asia, The Americas, Africa, Europe.

favourite was Vietnam nearly 20 years ago, with Honduras a close second

But best holiday possibly back was actually in blighty, a week on the Norfolk Broads with 10 mates spread over 2 boats happy days

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany (East, West and unified), Greece, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, USA, Vatican City. And mostly someone else paid.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Currently live in Cyprus but been to:

France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, Vatican, Greece, Turkey, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Serbia, Lebanon, Thailand, UAE, USA.

I've also been to the "British Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekalia", I've been in the UN buffer zone in Cyprus, including past the gate in the UN base where the old airport is, and the unrecognised "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus".
I used to live in Limassol, used to work in the day on building sites and had a weekend job in the 007 bar is it still there? going back 20 years though. I eventually got caught working and along with a American fella we got arrested and carted off to the OB station. The American got beaten with a telephone book by a fat sergeant :lolol: I was bracing myself for the same treatment but he thought better of it when he discovered I was English. Good times.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've been in the UN buffer zone in Cyprus, including past the gate in the UN base where the old airport is, and the unrecognised "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus".

Went on a ferry from Turkey to Northern Cyprus in 1979 just after the occupation. We spent a few weeks living in furnished deserted beach villas. As 18 year olds it was 'Desert Island Fantasy stuf' and we did not realise what it must have meant to the people forced to flee.
When ready we left by going into the UN Buffer Zone to visit our mate's dad in the Army in Southern Cyprus We were denied entry as we came from an unrecognised state and had to head back to the Turkish armed border and head back to theTurkish mainland.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Went on a ferry from Turkey to Northern Cyprus in 1979 just after the occupation. We spent a few weeks living in furnished deserted beach villas. As 18 year olds it was 'Desert Island Fantasy stuf' and we did not realise what it must have meant to the people forced to flee.
When ready we left by going into the UN Buffer Zone to visit our mate's dad in the Army in Southern Cyprus We were denied entry as we came from an unrecognised state and had to head back to the Turkish armed border and head back to theTurkish mainland.

Technically, the airport and ports in the North are "closed" according to the law of the republic and are therefore "illegal points of entry". In reality though, they now let people through anyway if they're EU citizens. I've been to Turkey and back through Ercan with no problem. I have a page of TRNC stamps in my passport as a result as well, but that doesn't cause any problems either. They do still stop you from bringing a vehicle into the south that can in on a car ferry unless it went out from Cyprus first.

So if you have a car legally in Cyprus, you can drive to then north take the ferry to Turkey and get back the same way, but they won't let you drive a car into the republic from the north that hasn't already been there, although some people do get away with it. You CAN drive a Northern Cyprus registered car into the republic though, and Turkish Cypriots often do.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I used to live in Limassol, used to work in the day on building sites and had a weekend job in the 007 bar is it still there? going back 20 years though. I eventually got caught working and along with a American fella we got arrested and carted off to the OB station. The American got beaten with a telephone book by a fat sergeant :lolol: I was bracing myself for the same treatment but he thought better of it when he discovered I was English. Good times.

Don't recognise the name 007 bar. Police violence still happens here although it's finally starting to get some attention in the mainstream press. When it happens it can be a lot worse than a beating with a phone book as well. Finally, two cops have been found guilty of a beating in a police cell that was caught on camera, but only after the footage went viral on youtube.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2016/05/20/cops-sentenced-next-week-polis-beating/

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The only time I've beaten you then! Higher 50's. [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] is one of the leading contenders fiting in somewhere around 80 on his travels many around England games. He told me that our Director Chapman is ahead of him though.

My latest count (if you included England, Scotland, Wales & NI separately) is 72. I have done all 7 continents, Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australasia/Oceania, Europe, North America and South America.

In Europe I still need to visit Iceland (going in August to do a marathon there), Bosnia, Kosovo (Hopefully doing both of these on the way back from the England game in Slovenia - last time we went via Serbia), Cyprus, Armenia (some consider this Europe others Asia).

Other dubious ones (Abkhazia & South Ossetia - both seeking independence from Georgia, Nagomo-Karabakh - part of Azerbaijan, Northern Cyprus & Transnistra - part of Moldova). I guess Kosovo falls into these categories but some places (and UEFA) recognise it! I also want to visit the Faroe Islands, but technically that is part of Denmark.

The most amazing place I have been lucky to visit isAntarctica, truly a trip of a life time. Went by boat from Ushia in Argentina, across Drakes passage (can be a little rough - takes about 48 hours) and eventually crossed the 70 Degree South on the chart where Antarctica officially starts. It is a true wilderness.

Derek Chapman is close to 100 and he plans to hit that target before he is 60 (which I think is the end of this year??)
Leopard Seals.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My latest count (if you included England, Scotland, Wales & NI separately) is 72. I have done all 7 continents, Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australasia/Oceania, Europe, North America and South America.

In Europe I still need to visit Iceland (going in August to do a marathon there), Bosnia, Kosovo (Hopefully doing both of these on the way back from the England game in Slovenia - last time we went via Serbia), Cyprus, Armenia (some consider this Europe others Asia).

Other dubious ones (Abkhazia & South Ossetia - both seeking independence from Georgia, Nagomo-Karabakh - part of Azerbaijan, Northern Cyprus & Transnistra - part of Moldova). I guess Kosovo falls into these categories but some places (and UEFA) recognise it! I also want to visit the Faroe Islands, but technically that is part of Denmark.

The most amazing place I have been lucky to visit isAntarctica, truly a trip of a life time. Went by boat from Ushia in Argentina, across Drakes passage (can be a little rough - takes about 48 hours) and eventually crossed the 70 Degree South on the chart where Antarctica officially starts. It is a true wilderness.

Derek Chapman is close to 100 and he plans to hit that target before he is 60 (which I think is the end of this year??)
View attachment 75447

Tectonic plates or UEFA? Reykjavik is on the American plate make sure you get onto the Eurasian plate to do Europe it's only a few hundred miles away.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...AUIBygB&biw=704&bih=671#imgrc=KX79RUMRH96J9M:
Enjoy the marathon!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
favourite (excluding Sussex of course) California

worst Egypt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here