Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where have all the fans gone?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shall we do some sums?
The official maximum capacity of the Amex is 30,250 (bound to be corrected) subtract (take away) the seats lost for crowd segregation around 200, this leaves a maximum crowd of 30,050. All seated and not squashed together like sardines. You can reminisce about the Goldstone, (and yes I was there that night in 72) but appreciate what we have now ffs.
We took 45,000 to Cardiff and no doubt the same again should we get to Wembley.
Why oh why are some people not happy with what they have got :p

It was 29,500 to,Cardiff. 32/33k to Wembley in 91. Of course I stand to be corrected here.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
There's also the fact that a lot of people no longer have 9-to-5 jobs (and a lot more people work outside B&H). I'm not going as I have a work commitment - I'm sure I'm not the only one

I can confirm you are indeed not the only one.
I have a meeting in Leicester later this afternoon so absolutely zero chance of getting to the Amex before kick off, so I didn't even try and get a ticket, so that's two people (me and my boy) who would have been there had it not been on a Thursday night.

Even worse ... I'm taking my boy to a college interview tonight at 6.45pm, so we probably won't be back home until 8.30pm'ish!!

Thank the Lord for Sky+ ... but we're going to be like the 'likely lads' tonight until we get home, although I hope with a better ending!!

My own stupid fault caused by a complete lack of faith.
I'd given up on the play offs after the Blackpool debacle so I never thought for a minute today's appointments would come back and bite me. :down:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
did we like terraces,no 30,000 gate in the top league because people were shit scared of the safety aspect,anything over 26k and it was a lottery on the view :moo:

Capacity started to drop rapidly after 83/84 as the ground crumbled. Not that we would have filled it anyway.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Where have all the fans gone? Eh?

Withdean had a capacity of only 8,850 at the end and we almost never managed to fill it, now were getting an AVERAGE of 27,000 each week.

I'll tell you where the fans have gone, its THE AMEX

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Also, we had terraces. We liked those.

My Mum didn't, my Dad took her on to the East Terrace for a match once... and having been (and I paraphrase) "swept out without my feet touching the ground" afterwards she's never been to a football match again!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There's also the fact that a lot of people no longer have 9-to-5 jobs (and a lot more people work outside B&H). I'm not going as I have a work commitment - I'm sure I'm not the only one

My wife left work in Hastings at ten past seven at got to the Amex at about eight fifteen a few minutes after the penalty :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here