Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where do you see our club this time next year

flying high

May 12, 2009
I think it will depend on what players Russell Slade entices to withdean, I think with Forster and Murray having an injury free season we will score plenty of goals but with that i think we will concede lots as well. I would like to think top half or maybe pushing for play offs, but i was optimistic last season, so will leave predictions till the season starts

But i do predict we will still be moaning about the phone in, and Dick Knight, oh and BHA not trying to sign every player from all tiers of football

nicely said adam michael i would totatally agree with you on murray and forster

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Top half of the table, maybe we'll do what Oldham always do and hit the start of the season flying, being top all the way until January. Then we will start to slip and maybe we will make 6th if we are lucky.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I truly believe this is the beginning of a bright new future. New blood, out with the adequate for L1/2 in with a squad capable of not only achieving promotion but to gain steady Championship status and beyond. If this club is to survive in its new environment its has got to be a well organised professional outfit and I for one believe that as far as the playing side goes we have a good man at the helm. All we need now is the right infrastructure from the boardroom to the catering staff with effective, dynamic drive and we can really go places. Otherwise we could end up like Southampton.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
sorry people cant see it as weve got rid of the youngsters and we have no money

true mate, unless someone comes in with serious money to invest in the club, were gonna finish either mid table or fighting relegation, end off

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Players read the papers and are no doubt sensing good things are happening for us, and many might just fancy getting down here and jumping on the Falmer Express which is beginning to boil up nicely...

Play-Offs are a reasonable expectation for us and no doubt a few on here might just agree when our new look squad put eight past Worthing in July :thumbsup:

Without wishing to tempt fate, we would be hard pushed to serve up the same drivel as the first 75% of last season when we were simply awful in a very average league.

Next season it will be more competitive and RS is hampered by some of the dross signed at the beginning of this season. Much will obviously depend on the quality he brings in but I would expect a minimum target for him will be 60 points with an optimistic target of over 70.

We need a good start over the first 10 games and then the momentumn can help no end. Good luck Russell :albion2::albion2::albion2:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If we aren't at least in the playoffs I doubt that Slade will be around this time next year. I'm sure that Knight made it clear to him that Bloom wanted someone else but agreed to go with Slade when he saw the crowd's reaction after Stockport. If we don't get off to a good start (top 3 or 4 by Christmas) I would think that Bloom will want rid.

Slade has been ruthless with the playing staff because his job is on the line and he wants people that he can trust to get him the results he needs.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I would like to think will will finish in the top half but i will reserve judgement until we have rebuilt the squad and i can see how it looks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just outside the playoffs ready to really go for it the following season, hopefully starting our Falmer Life in the Championship (or whatever it will be called by then)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
If we aren't at least in the playoffs I doubt that Slade will be around this time next year. I'm sure that Knight made it clear to him that Bloom wanted someone else but agreed to go with Slade when he saw the crowd's reaction after Stockport. If we don't get off to a good start (top 3 or 4 by Christmas) I would think that Bloom will want rid.

Slade has been ruthless with the playing staff because his job is on the line and he wants people that he can trust to get him the results he needs.

What a load of drivel. Slade has been ruthless with the playing staff because he has long term plans for the squad, and the board will have learnt from mistaes of constantly chopping and changing. Even if is the case that Bloom is expecting a top 3 or 4 position and would be willing to sack as eatly as christmas, it won't happen. Not quite sure what you're basing this perceived wisdom on to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here