Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do we need to strengthen?

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
What do people think after tonight? For me a quality winger to supply our expensive strike force, for me Buckley was terrible tonight and hasn't been all that all season. Just my opinion.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Need to strengthen our resolve and belief. It seems we lose motivation too easily if we get frustrated at the goal. We have proven we have the players (providing they stay), we just need those players to play to the best of their ability and believe in themselves consistently.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Buckley was our MOTM tonight?!

I'm sorry but I will have to disagree with you, I thought he was wasteful with all his crosses and got out muscled far too easily, look at Zaha he was a handful, strong, good finisher and delivered dangerous balls and won all their corners.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Buckley is devastating on his day but he is inconsistent.

I think we could use a quick centreback, and a more mobile centre mid (Hammond always looks so flatfooted). A backup keeper and striker would be nice too

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We need and have needed for some time a midfielder who bosses the game. Bridders is great as a holding midfielder but we don't have anyone who makes things happen with his vision and skill.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Buckley is devastating on his day but he is inconsistent.

I think we could use a quick centreback, and a more mobile centre mid (Hammond always looks so flatfooted). A backup keeper and striker would be nice too

Could have had all of them if only...........................

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
What do people think after tonight? For me a quality winger to supply our expensive strike force, for me Buckley was terrible tonight and hasn't been all that all season. Just my opinion.

We need 2 strikers one is not enough,Barnes and McSmudger are shit

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
We need to strengthen our resolve, learn how to break down stubborn defences and play with more desire.

Once they scored you just knew that it was game over!

One of the worst results in my 35+ years of being a supporter as far as pain is concerned, I wasn't too concerned whether or not we got promoted but rolling over and getting our bellies tickled by our fiercest rivals AGAIN will stick in the memory for a long time!

Our players have the ability but lack mental strength is the way I see it.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We need to strengthen our resolve, learn how to break down stubborn defences and play with more desire.

Once they scored you just knew that it was game over!

One of the worst results in my 35+ years of being a supporter as far as pain is concerned, I wasn't too concerned whether or not we got promoted but rolling over and getting our bellies tickled by our fiercest rivals AGAIN will stick in the memory for a long time!

Our players have the ability but lack mental strength is the way I see it.

This.

We need someone better alongside Bridders who is solid but also pushes on (Millwall's Trotter type) and one better quality attacking mid to replace Vicente and play in the 3 with 2 of Buck/Lua/Orl/David. Bennett would be too much to ask for.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Need to strengthen our resolve and belief. It seems we lose motivation too easily if we get frustrated at the goal. We have proven we have the players (providing they stay), we just need those players to play to the best of their ability and believe in themselves consistently.

I agree. A bit of experience would help (see - Bridge, Upson)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
ANOTHER Striker, a LB as there is near NO chance Bridge will stay, a decent back up Keeper, a solid CB (though Upson should stay) and another CM as Hammond can bugger off back to Southampton.

Possibly another RB too, lots to improve.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
We lost tonight not because we are not good enough but because we didn't play well enough.
I think we were caught in a catch 22 senario.

Don't want to give anything away at the back but need to score a goal.trouble is they did neither didnt score but conceeded 2 goals

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Buckley was our MOTM tonight?!

far from it. didnt do enough on the ball and was constantly too close to Calderon to offer him any outlet.

we will need to strengthen left back obviously (unless we're very lucky and Bridge wants to stay on our wages) and absolutly must find a creative plyer in midfield (Bridcutt is great but plays deep). striker to challenge and support Ulloa and Barnes.

oh and a hero. we need a bloody leader who'll do something and drive the team on.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
A couple of stronger more physical midfirlders (three if Liam is sold).

Two centre forwards (Hoskins and Dobbin will be gone)

Two left backs one if Bridge is signed.

Two centre backs.

A decent backup to PIG.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Tactical mistakes tonight far to negative first half Ulloa isolated needs someone close to him to pick up the knock downs, wasted 45 minutes of football when we should have pressed the first half with Kaz and Barnes on.
Sorry but Poyet played right into Hollowheads hands with that team sheet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here