Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where ARE all the POYET outers NOW ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Once again, for old times sake:-

CMS, for that matter no Brighton striker, has received the service Ullao has.

Thankfully Spanish Len is clearly a better fit to the system.
While CMS' tireless effort now seems counter productive, when compared to the sturdier Len.

Had CMS had KLL, Buckley, Orlandi & Spanish Dave providing for him, he too could have volleyed in while unmarked 5 yards out.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Once again, for old times sake:-

CMS, for that matter no Brighton striker, has received the service Ullao has.

Thankfully Spanish Len is clearly a better fit to the system.
While CMS' tireless effort now seems counter productive, when compared to the sturdier Len.

Had CMS had KLL, Buckley, Orlandi & Spanish Dave providing for him, he too could have volleyed in while unmarked 5 yards out.

But we would have been 5-goals short as he would not have got to the headers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He never was or has been a target man, so what's the question?
It wasn't a question, just still blindly kicking at CMS, as it seems you are not allowed to support more than 1 Brighton striker.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It wasn't a question, just still blindly kicking at CMS, as it seems you are not allowed to support more than 1 Brighton striker.

I think CMS and Ulloa are key and they should be encouraged as a team next year....cms supporting ulloa ..... Its that other waster who needs to be shifted on.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Poyet got his tactics SPOT ON yesterday.

He knew Palace would play two wingers who wouldn't track back, so played two wingers of our own to get at their full backs who would be exposed.

It's just a shame IMO that he didn't play two wingers more often earlier on in the season, games like Birmingham and Ipswich spring to mind.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think CMS and Ulloa are key and they should be encouraged as a team next year....cms supporting ulloa ..... Its that other waster who needs to be shifted on.

Who's that I wonder?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CMS love-in going on.

How would he fit into the one-striker/2 out and out wingers formation, that everyone agrees was so successful yesterday?

And the alleged awful service he received for 18 months from Gus's awful treatment of him, according to some, doesn't seem to have been a problem to Ulloa in his short Albion career. Perhaps because he's simply far a better striker and footballer ... of Championship quality.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CMS love-in going on.

How would he fit into the one-striker/2 out and out wingers formation, that everyone agrees was so successful yesterday?

And the alleged awful service he received for 18 months from Gus's awful treatment of him, according to some, doesn't seem to have been a problem to Ulloa in his short Albion career. Perhaps because he's simply far a better striker and footballer ... of Championship quality.
Because Ulloa perfectly fitted the system played yesterday.
Played by key figures Dave & Orlandi at the top of their form, KLL with a point to prove, and Buckley finally finding some form.

You could have tucked that third goal away, happy happy days.

CMS would have fitted in perfectly in the last half hour with their defenders on their knees, along with Ulloa.

Ulloa can't do it all himself.

Hoskins & Dobbie are gone.
Barnes seems to be trying hard to leave.
11 goal CMS being as google as he obviously is in some eyes, clearly should be shipped out too.
The dev squad is hardly coming up trumps.

So you're expecting Gus to bring in at least 2 more top flight strikers this summer :shrug:

Maybe, just maybe, 11 goal CMS isn't google in an attacking team and will be able to job share with Ulloa next season.

Ideally though can CMS get some game time in a team that isn't lopsided and defensively set up.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Because Ulloa perfectly fitted the system played yesterday.
Played by key figures Dave & Orlandi at the top of their form, KLL with a point to prove, and Buckley finally finding some form.

You could have tucked that third goal away, happy happy days.

CMS would have fitted in perfectly in the last half hour with their defenders on their knees, along with Ulloa.

Ulloa can't do it all himself.

Hoskins & Dobbie are gone.
Barnes seems to be trying hard to leave.
11 goal CMS being as google as he obviously is in some eyes, clearly should be shipped out too.
The dev squad is hardly coming up trumps.

So you're expecting Gus to bring in at least 2 more top flight strikers this summer :shrug:

Maybe, just maybe, 11 goal CMS isn't google in an attacking team and will be able to job share with Ulloa next season.

Ideally though CMS can get some game time in a team that isn't lopsided and defensively set up.

I actually disagree about Hoskins.

If we were to get an offer, say what we paid for him, I can see CMS going and Hoskins staying.

That's assuming we are still in the Championship. If we go up, half our team, including CMS, Hoskins and Barnes will be gone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I actually disagree about Hoskins.

If we were to get an offer, say what we paid for him, I can see CMS going and Hoskins staying.

That's assuming we are still in the Championship. If we go up, half our team, including CMS, Hoskins and Barnes will be gone.
I find that hard to believe.

He's had some rotten luck here, and all being well that'll be behind him after this latest injury.
But if he were to stay surely he could only ever be third choice striker, means the club would still have to spend to get in a CMS replacement.

Hey if a CMS offer comes in then good luck to the bloke.

With 8 games left we could end up fighting off Ulloa offers!

and yes there's many at the club who wouldn't be playing top flight football.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
With 8 games left we could end up fighting off Ulloa offers!

Ten million if he keeps scoring, would be about right to break a four year contract..... but I like him, his liking of our weather may be something that presents him with most physical and mental challenges though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ten million if he keeps scoring, would be about right to break a four year contract..... but I like him, his liking of our weather may be something that presents him with most physical and mental challenges though.
A la Bridcutt, a goal scoring Ulloa's worth to the Albion is far greater than anything other teams would be prepared to pay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here