Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where ARE all the POYET outers NOW ?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
If Gus continues to play with 2 wingers he will have alot less haters, been saying for ages that this team has plenty of attacking qulity and today underlines that view.

big hilda

Feb 13, 2013
I am in AWE, damp and moist, DESPITE standing, I have never enjoyed a day in dayglo more in my entire LIFE, now sit down and BASK in the warm glow of VICTORY...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
If Gus continues to play with 2 wingers he will have alot less haters, been saying for ages that this team has plenty of attacking qulity and today underlines that view.

If he plays with 2 wingers then I'll change my mind about Gus and his ability. I will support him however, but will remain sceptical. But **** me, we looked quality today. Line up was great, let's hope Gus continues you this.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The fact is that Gus has been no better than average this season to date.

Today he FINALLY got it right by playing two wingers ... and look what it did for us!

I certainly hope that he will not now disappear back into his defensive shell for the reast of the season.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Because people are fickle. Gus has my trust and should have everyones support win lose or draw for the final 8 games.

Unfortunately there's too many people who don't understand it's over a WHOLE season. Managers should only be got rid of at the end of a season - at least allow them to show what they've got over a whole season of games.

Feb 3, 2013
The fact is that Gus has been no better than average this season to date.

Today he FINALLY got it right by playing two wingers ... and look what it did for us!.

Amazing isn't it when you take the game to the opposition and let them think about us.

I certainly hope that he will not now disappear back into his defensive shell for the reast of the season.

You just know he will, he can't help it. Today was do or die for Gus. If he had lost then the crowd would have been on his case big time.

Im here...Great performance, what a difference not playing two defencive midfilders makes..Stick with that side and we will make the play offs.What odds Hammond back in with Liam next game....Lualua was class please take note.

Feck Off !- don't know how you've got the balls to show yourself on here. That win today was for the "supporters".

Feb 3, 2013
Feck Off !- don't know how you've got the balls to show yourself on here. That win today was for the "supporters".

And that's how it should be week in week out not just a one off. So Gus can go back to playing boring football now as we've beaten Palace? Get real.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Until we scored we were not all over them at all. Took a good run and cross from Buckley and a scrambled finish, and then a piece of luscious magic from David. Then against a side making substitutions galore to turn the game around we unsurprisingly had space to shine when we wanted. I liked playing with two wingers and can see it happening again here and there, but without two defensive midfielders we had a hole in the centre of the park and against a team on their game i would worry again.
We all want to win but being simply slapdash is not the answer. And believing that playing a game of control and possession is defensive is for me the thinking of the hoofhappy and impatient lumpitintheboxers.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Whilst I applaud Poyet about today's line up.

Why the **** did he not do this at the beginning..

Agree totally. Having realised that chap he keeps on the bench, whilst other trudge across the pitch, can change games, it's like having a new signing now keep him in the team GUS

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Until we scored we were not all over them at all. Took a good run and cross from Buckley and a scrambled finish, and then a piece of luscious magic from David. Then against a side making substitutions galore to turn the game around we unsurprisingly had space to shine when we wanted. I liked playing with two wingers and can see it happening again here and there, but without two defensive midfielders we had a hole in the centre of the park and against a team on their game i would worry again.
We all want to win but being simply slapdash is not the answer. And believing that playing a game of control and possession is defensive is for me the thinking of the hoofhappy and impatient lumpitintheboxers.

I am liking this post a lot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll stop questioning Gus, when he stops making it easy to question him.

What odds after a good result against Forest the team v Charlton will look like:-

Koosh

Dave Greer El Abd Bridge

Buckley Bridders Hammond Dicker Crofts

Ullao

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here