Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] When your former heroes let you down.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hold on - gov website:

The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk.1 Mar 2021 ????
From all the research I’ve read the biggest problem seems to be the ineffectiveness of the vaccine without the second dose. Some science papers reporting one dose in cases starts to lose its effectiveness after four weeks without the booster.

Interestingly in 2017 when they tried RNA vaccine testing for rabies blood clotting was a primary concern amongst subjects.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I feel very sorry for the band as if the wrongun hadn’t have been the lead singer and maybe just the drummer they’d have just carried on and nothing much would have been said about it in time.

Not sure about that - it was a shockingly high level of depravity, and well publicised. Agree it was tough luck on the rest of the band though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From all the research I’ve read the biggest problem seems to be the ineffectiveness of the vaccine without the second dose. Some science papers reporting one dose in cases starts to lose its effectiveness after four weeks without the booster.

Interestingly in 2017 when they tried RNA vaccine testing for rabies blood clotting was a primary concern amongst subjects.

Just as well then that supplies are ear marked for everyone to get their second jab within the timeframe set by the pharmas.

D

Deleted member 2719

View attachment 135073

For me, Matt Le Tissier berating P & O for insisting passengers have Vaccine before cruising and Craig Makail Smith running around on twitter liking tweets by Covid deniers.

Sad
You will never give me cause to feel let down by you mate.

Even if your political views are a bit wonky.:whistle::wink:

Oh Murray going to palace would be my example.:shrug:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

I have not done much googling but I have not found one yet. Oxford University has this quote in February: "Analyses reveal single standard dose efficacy from day 22 to day 90 post vaccination of 76% with protection not falling in this three-month period" and I've seen other similar ones.

On the original topic I'm struggling to think of an example. Not so much because my heroes are perfect but I recognise they will have human frailties. I not quite so disappointed then!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I guess you mean this is interesting in light of the clotting concerns with the Oxford vaccine but that's a vector vaccine, right? Moderna and Pfizer are the mRNA ones.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have not done much googling but I have not found one yet. Oxford University has this quote in February: "Analyses reveal single standard dose efficacy from day 22 to day 90 post vaccination of 76% with protection not falling in this three-month period" and I've seen other similar ones.

On the original topic I'm struggling to think of an example. Not so much because my heroes are perfect but I recognise they will have human frailties. I not quite so disappointed then!
Ive never really had a hero worshiping phase everyone has a dump in the morning just like me :) I appreciate talent but that’s about as far as it goes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd prefer if they dont but it depends a bit on the animal and the circumstances.

If you are not legally able to give consent....

And....come on, FFS!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As long as they are not beating animals or women or ****ing kids they can all do/say/think whatever they like, pretty much.

What if they're ****ing animals?

I'd prefer if they dont but it depends a bit on the animal and the circumstances.

If it’s a goat that shows you lots of affection, but is miserable and horrible to everyone else, is clearly enjoying the meetings, and instigates the act themselves, is that ok? Just asking for erm a friend.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
If it’s a goat that shows you lots of affection, but is miserable and horrible to everyone else, is clearly enjoying the meetings, and instigates the act themselves, is that ok? Just asking for erm a friend.

The greatest of all time should be able to do as they please.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I wouldn't ever call him a hero but, through reading Piers Morgan's book 'The Insider', I learnt a lot about journalism and the art of editing and came to respect what he did in his early days. But since he started on TV, he's slowly but surely become more unbearable to watch/listen too and more clickbaity and just plain rude. In the case of the Meghan and Harry interview, he also committed the cardinal sin of making the journalist become the story – but it was clear that it was his plan all along, with the need to keep his profile up once he'd done one from GMB. I mean good luck to him and all that, but personally I can't stick him, I'm afraid.

There are a few sports stars out there who come close to heroes for me. However, the rumours and question marks over them mean that they could fall to zeros, if those stories are proven correct.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Lee Hurst was a comedian that I used to find very funny on They Think It’s All Over and was also very funny live, but now he just seems to be on a campaign of bellendery.

Watching his pathetic attempts to try and get his name mentioned again is sad in the extreme. Not only is his Greta joke creepy (and you know he was waiting till she turned 18), but it didn't make sense unless he really thinks condoms are made of plastic. At least Frankie Boyle's Katie Price joke was clever in its structure. If you are going for full on shock factor, at least tell a good joke. For all of those bemoaning the lack of right wing comedians, knock yourself out with this guy. But only if you like your comedy without jokes.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lee Hurst was a comedian that I used to find very funny on They Think It’s All Over and was also very funny live, but now he just seems to be on a campaign of bellendery.

I never found him funny even on that show. The other two comedians kept that show going (IMO).
Saw him at a Comedy club in Upper Norwood just before he got his break on Telly. He was shite then too.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Morrissey is the one for me..

What a hideous descent from the majesty of the Smiths, to the ******** he is today.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
View attachment 135073

For me, Matt Le Tissier berating P & O for insisting passengers have Vaccine before cruising and Craig Makail Smith running around on twitter liking tweets by Covid deniers.

Sad

Yeah, CMS occasionally appears in my feed despite not following him any more and also Navarro. Ignorant tw*ts.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Morrissey is the one for me..

What a hideous descent from the majesty of the Smiths, to the ******** he is today.

Indeed. At first I was able to separate the man and the music, but the further he went, the found I couldn't.

Do you ever listen to the Adam Buxton podcast? The Johnny Marr interview is great.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Independent research on Facebook & Twatter [emoji38]ol:

Le Tiss ignoring the world’s scientists and all data showing the vax’s work in saving lives.

Then publicly whinging, he’s ‘punishing’ P&O by not travelling with them again.

Great penalty taker, but one sandwich short of a picnic.
Dr Facebook and Professor YouTube can provide all the "research" necessary for those who just want to lap it all up.

Lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here