Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] When your former heroes let you down.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Bear pit? Bolleaux! Lots of people liked them. One of them turning out to be a nonce - and just about the worst kind of nonce at that - rendered the brand toxic (which was unfortunate for the other members of the band whose careers were blown away) but it still couldn't un-record the music they'd previously recorded.

Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja at the Reading Festival was one of my favourite memories, then I discovered the bloke was a nonce and I haven't listened to their music since.

larus

View attachment 135073

For me, Matt Le Tissier berating P & O for insisting passengers have Vaccine before cruising and Craig Makail Smith running around on twitter liking tweets by Covid deniers.

Sad

Well, considering that having a vaccine won’t stop someone CATCHING the virus nor being INFECTIOUS, what benefit is there to OTHER PASSENGERS by someone being vaccinated?

Typical virtue signalling from thickos.

If I choose not be be vaccinated, please explain how that affects you if you’ve been vaccinated?

Maybe R Slicker is a good username for someone who talks SHIT.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
paraphrasing as I've forgotten how to embed a tweet. He told them that he has spent a lot of money with them in the past but they won't get another penny from him :tosser:

I’m not sure him boycotting P&O will result in Carnival logging a footnote to their forthcoming accounts. :)

Great win tonight, as an aside.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Well, considering that having a vaccine won’t stop someone CATCHING the virus nor being INFECTIOUS, what benefit is there to OTHER PASSENGERS by someone being vaccinated?

Typical virtue signalling from thickos.

If I choose not be be vaccinated, please explain how that affects you if you’ve been vaccinated?

Maybe R Slicker is a good username for someone who talks SHIT.

that's the spirit mate.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bear pit? Bolleaux! Lots of people liked them. One of them turning out to be a nonce - and just about the worst kind of nonce at that - rendered the brand toxic (which was unfortunate for the other members of the band whose careers were blown away) but it still couldn't un-record the music they'd previously recorded.

What he did was so grim that resurrecting the band name for the sake of the other band members is, to me, grotesque. Sorry.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
For me, Matt Le Tissier berating P & O for insisting passengers have Vaccine before cruising and Craig Makail Smith running around on twitter liking tweets by Covid deniers.

Sad

In five years time, this will all be meaningless and forgotten about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What he did was so grim that resurrecting the band name for the sake of the other band members is, to me, grotesque. Sorry.

So, I bet you don't ever want to read 'Crewe Alexandra' again because Barry Bellend worked for them?

P.S. There's a difference between mentioning and 'resurrecting' - sorry.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Well, I see you can’t counter my reasoning. No surprise there :lol:

Why would I enter into an intelligent debate with someone who starts with an insult?
I mean where do you go from there?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
OK Mate. Good luck getting into pubs, restaurants, flights etc.
Your choice though.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Whatever. If I don’t get vaccinated, it has ZERO impact on you. Simple as that.

Anything else is just typical virtue signalling (like all this woke crap).

You obviously aren't listening to the expert advice coming from Dr Gates.

Once we are all the same, agreeing on the same thing, believing the same books and preaching the same faith, then the world will be complete. If you don't get vaccinated, then its you who will cause the next wave!!! How can you argue with that?

larus

Your choice though.

Good luck with the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine.

Hope there’s no serious side-effects to an unproven technology of changing a persons RNA. What, you wasn’t aware that that is how they work? Hmm, maybe you should research a bit before blindly accepting chemicals being pumped into your body which can alter your cell structure and, the scientists admit, they have no idea of the long term implications.

Great idea pal. Go for it.

larus

You obviously aren't listening to the expert advice coming from Dr Gates.

Once we are all the same, agreeing on the same thing, believing the same books and preaching the same faith, then the world will be complete. If you don't get vaccinated, then its you who will cause the next wave!!! How can you argue with that?

:lol: - yes, that medical expert Dr Bill Gates, who wants to push his vaccines, any maybe then push for chip implants into people. It’s amazing how few people are willing to question what they are told, and blindly believe the news. We do get propaganda in the west too - it’s not just Russia/China.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Your choice though.

It's our choice? I thought you had to have a vaccine to enjoy those freedoms of life?

Didn't Dusseldorf have a tower on it the other day saying "Vaccination =Freedom"? that's like the entrance sign to one of those work camps they set up in the 40's over there.

Still though, I'm gonna take it.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Liam Gallagher for me.
I thought he was amazing when I was a youngster an absolute living legend.
He was the proper rock and roller,24/7 party animal.
Drinking on stage, cigarettes and alcohol,I want to be like him,I want to live like a rock and roll star.
And I did too,what harm could it do I said to myself, Liam does it and he is ok.
But years later I discovered it was all bollocks.
The tinnies I saw him drinking on stage he later admitted had water in them.he was a fraud.
It probably would have killed him if he had come out on the sesh with me, but I was the way I was because of his influence.
Now I look at him and he is still doing the same act.he is a knob and a ****.
Hero status revoked a long time ago as far as I'm concerned.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Spacey. I knew him from theatre work. It was very open he was gay in the biz, like Schofield or Michael Ball etc. But disappointed he thought it was appropriate to out himself as a result of his behaviour with underage lads. Found him professional to a fault but there were always stories about him.

Still one of the best actors who ever lived. Just really tainted it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here