Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] When your former heroes let you down.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Laurence Fox.

The guy seemed perfectly acceptable all the while I was unaware of his existence.

Decent enough actor and good to the crew. I don't listen when celebs talk politics one way or the other.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Then just like them you are a fool.

Is this really productive? Try and take a step back and accept that people have opinions different from your own. A lot of people share those opinions (and no, not me before you start), but they are entitled to them without being labelled a fool just because you disagree.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Is this really productive? Try and take a step back and accept that people have opinions different from your own. A lot of people share those opinions (and no, not me before you start), but they are entitled to them without being labelled a fool just because you disagree.

Welcome to 2021 where independent thought is now seen as a mental illness.

My guy is Conor McGregor. He came across as a real peoples champion at first. He had a story of once being on benefits, unable to hold down his plumbing job whilst living a bit of a down and out lifestyle. Then he becomes one of the biggest sports personalities out there and starts speaking about the power of the mind and what it can attract. Sadly, instead of taking that supposed mental strength he talked about into his achievements, he started selling a cheap brand of whiskey as well as punching an old man in an Irish pub for refusing to drink it! He started walking around as if he was more than just a UFC fighter. It was clear the fame and attention took his head to fairy land where he started sounding like a drunk 13 year old who had just been given his first fake identity to get served in Wetherspoons. A very dislikable character now who prides himself on his arrogance more than his ability. Big shame but with hindsight, it was all an act to get UFC on the stage and what better way of doing it than getting a fighter to pretend he's hit the 5th dimension with his ability.

Oh well. Never mind. At least I know he's a bellend now.

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
View attachment 135073

For me, Matt Le Tissier berating P & O for insisting passengers have Vaccine before cruising and Craig Makail Smith running around on twitter liking tweets by Covid deniers.

Sad

Covid denier ? surely you meant somebody that is intellectual enough to research into what is going on rather than just blindly believe what their tv has told them or what they read in the papers

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
What research have you done? Proper research like the scientists do or just read on the internet which is exactly what you criticise others for doing?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Covid denier ? surely you meant somebody that is intellectual enough to research into what is going on rather than just blindly believe what their tv has told them or what they read in the papers

I don't want to labour the Covid point as this thread seems to have taken a decent turn but, where are you researching? I choose to listen to scientists and doctors.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Independent research on Facebook & Twatter :lolol:

Le Tiss ignoring the world’s scientists and all data showing the vax’s work in saving lives.

Then publicly whinging, he’s ‘punishing’ P&O by not travelling with them again.

Great penalty taker, but one sandwich short of a picnic.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Liam Gallagher for me.
I thought he was amazing when I was a youngster an absolute living legend.
He was the proper rock and roller,24/7 party animal.
Drinking on stage, cigarettes and alcohol,I want to be like him,I want to live like a rock and roll star.
And I did too,what harm could it do I said to myself, Liam does it and he is ok.
But years later I discovered it was all bollocks.
The tinnies I saw him drinking on stage he later admitted had water in them.he was a fraud.
It probably would have killed him if he had come out on the sesh with me, but I was the way I was because of his influence.
Now I look at him and he is still doing the same act.he is a knob and a ****.
Hero status revoked a long time ago as far as I'm concerned.

Wow! Top rant :angry: :lolol:

I actually like him, he has a young generation of fans now, my sons love Oasis, and I’m always pleased to hear their music and not some ‘Gangsta rap’

I was wearing Stone Island when Liam was decked out in Umbro though :whistle:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Welcome to 2021 where independent thought is now seen as a mental illness.

My guy is Conor McGregor. He came across as a real peoples champion at first. He had a story of once being on benefits, unable to hold down his plumbing job whilst living a bit of a down and out lifestyle. Then he becomes one of the biggest sports personalities out there and starts speaking about the power of the mind and what it can attract. Sadly, instead of taking that supposed mental strength he talked about into his achievements, he started selling a cheap brand of whiskey as well as punching an old man in an Irish pub for refusing to drink it! He started walking around as if he was more than just a UFC fighter. It was clear the fame and attention took his head to fairy land where he started sounding like a drunk 13 year old who had just been given his first fake identity to get served in Wetherspoons. A very dislikable character now who prides himself on his arrogance more than his ability. Big shame but with hindsight, it was all an act to get UFC on the stage and what better way of doing it than getting a fighter to pretend he's hit the 5th dimension with his ability.

Oh well. Never mind. At least I know he's a bellend now.

You talk a lot of sense there. I was never a big fan of his. But for me I blame him for my loss of interest in the UFC and what I see as a decline in the most high profile MMA organisation. Obsessed with chasing the PPV cash the UFC put all its eggs in the McGregor and Rousey basket and then it went pear shaped when they got sussed out.

I bet few people ever thought they would hear " intellectual" and "Matt Le Tissier" mentioned in the same sentence.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Well, considering that having a vaccine won’t stop someone CATCHING the virus nor being INFECTIOUS, what benefit is there to OTHER PASSENGERS by someone being vaccinated?

Typical virtue signalling from thickos.

If I choose not be be vaccinated, please explain how that affects you if you’ve been vaccinated?

Maybe R Slicker is a good username for someone who talks SHIT.

This statement does rather indicate that either you have done no serious reading, or that you do not understand how science and data works.

You may be mistaking:

'we can't yet be 100% sure about how far vaccines stop you catching and transmitting covid'

With

'iT DeFINITeLY Don'T WOrK'

Try this: https://www.gponline.com/know-effectiveness-covid-19-vaccines/article/1708986

Which summarises what we know so far, laid out in simple terms. Some snippits below.

the SIREN study suggests that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is likely to have an impact on transmission as it has been shown to prevent asymptomatic as well as symptomatic disease

and

Meanwhile data for the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, suggests that one dose of the jab could cut transmission of the virus by 67%

or

A further pre-print paper from the trial also found that vaccination resulted in a reduction in the duration of shedding and viral load even in those who were vaccinated and received a PCR-positive swab. The researchers said this meant they may be less likely to transmit the virus than an unvaccinated individual. 'These observations provide strong support for mass vaccination as a tool to control pandemic coronavirus,'.

So overall, based on evidence avaulable so far, if I am going to be on a crowded boat with a bunch of people I don't know, I'd prefer as many as possible of them to be vaccinated thanks!

Also, and getting back on track:

Eric Clapton. Aaarrrggghhhh

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
This statement does rather indicate that either you have done no serious reading, or that you do not understand how science and data works.

You may be mistaking:

'we can't yet be 100% sure about how far vaccines stop you catching and transmitting covid'

With

'iT DeFINITeLY Don'T WOrK'

Try this: https://www.gponline.com/know-effectiveness-covid-19-vaccines/article/1708986

Which summarises what we know so far, laid out in simple terms. Some snippits below.

the SIREN study suggests that the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is likely to have an impact on transmission as it has been shown to prevent asymptomatic as well as symptomatic disease

and

Meanwhile data for the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, suggests that one dose of the jab could cut transmission of the virus by 67%

or

A further pre-print paper from the trial also found that vaccination resulted in a reduction in the duration of shedding and viral load even in those who were vaccinated and received a PCR-positive swab. The researchers said this meant they may be less likely to transmit the virus than an unvaccinated individual. 'These observations provide strong support for mass vaccination as a tool to control pandemic coronavirus,'.

So overall, based on evidence avaulable so far, if I am going to be on a crowded boat with a bunch of people I don't know, I'd prefer as many as possible of them to be vaccinated thanks!

Also, and getting back on track:

Eric Clapton. Aaarrrggghhhh

What's this? research?
How very dare you.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Paul Weller. Once the best songwriter of his generation to a creepy bloke chatting up women who were out with their partner on a Saturday night.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
9D5AA2CA-CEF6-4F53-AB2C-B004F8360AD5.jpeg

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He has every right to express his views. As do all those who say its fine to enforce vaccines on everyone.

I do happen to agree with him, it should be a personal choice.

Do you agree that it should be a personal choice for a doctor to treat someone with covid who refused the vaccine?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Wow! Top rant :angry: :lolol:

I actually like him, he has a young generation of fans now, my sons love Oasis, and I’m always pleased to hear their music and not some ‘Gangsta rap’

I was wearing Stone Island when Liam was decked out in Umbro though :whistle:

Yes,I was probably a bit harsh on liam there and I'm sure I was more to blame for my lifestyle than he was and it was great fun and thinking back everyone was like that anyway in those days.
It was actually a bit of a drunken rant if I'm honest.
He just wound me up when he said he said he used to be drinking water not beer,but would give the impression he was drinking beer by putting it in a beer can.
Made me realise it's all just an act.
But yes, it's much better the next generation of the UK enjoy oasis rather than the gangsta rap that came out of LA in the 90s which in my opinion did far more damage to society than Liam ever could.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here