Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will the UN do something ?

Where have I suggested I agree with trowing gay people off buildings etc ? What I object to is the enforced take over of land from Palestinians in the 1940s by the British & co. I therefore empathise with Palestinians wanting to fight back and reclaim those lands. Just because the Israelis believe in some fairytale that suggests they should own the land doesn't make it morally right. And yet again you might want to learn what the phrase 'anti-semite' actually means .... I suggest you ask Nick.

PS - I suggest you learn to spell the suburbs of Brighton if you want to really appear to be a BHA supporter.

Any settlement expansion these days is via Land purchase - no one is forced to sell.

And don't forget about Jordan a country much bigger than Israel that was created for the Palistinians

Jul 7, 2016
To WESTDENE SEAGULL I admit I am no expert in this field but I think I have good instincts and my instincts tell me by the way you are posting you seem to be very one sided and not balanced at all. Because of this I think you are not a very nice person. Sorry but usually I am right
With my instincts. Nick has lots of friends both Jewish and Muslim. He doesn't hate on anybody..

Israel is and most probably always will be a nasty little country, no better than terrorists.

Unlike the UK who are building a wall in Calais 30 miles or so from our border, or Hungary building a wall to keep out immigrants. Poor little Israel has every mad group of terrorists on their borders - but hey they should be nicer. Well what about on the Israel/Syria border where hundreds of Syrians & goodness know who else have been given treatment in Israeli hospitals irrespective of their affiliations - but hey good humanitarian news is not worth reporting. Personally I think Israel is far too nice.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Unlike the UK who are building a wall in Calais 30 miles or so from our border, or Hungary building a wall to keep out immigrants. Poor little Israel has every mad group of terrorists on their borders - but hey they should be nicer. Well what about on the Israel/Syria border where hundreds of Syrians & goodness know who else have been given treatment in Israeli hospitals irrespective of their affiliations - but hey good humanitarian news is not worth reporting. Personally I think Israel is far too nice.

Because it's oh so nice to shoot kids, use illegal weapons and bomb UN schools .... I'd hate to see what nasty is if that's nice.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh hear we go again our resident anti-Semite who pops up every 6 months to critisize Israel with venomous hatred, whilst meanwhile how many people lets say in Syria were killed today? Oh let's forget this & comment on an article printed by the Economist 2 years ago about the very supposedly bad Israelis who grab land - with guns? No. They actually purchase it. Move on love.

It is important to delineate between criticism of the government of Israel and attacks, whether verbal or physical, on the Jewish race. Just because someone is critical of the actions of the Israeli government it doesn't make them anti-Semite. This is an all too convenient cloak to wear. I acknowledge that the Jewish race is among the most persecuted in history. I acknowledge their right to self determination. I acknowledge the rights of the Israeli state, however unfairly making jurisdiction at times, to function as any other state and protect itself from harm. It doesn't mean that state is beyond criticism. And it doesn't mean all those who make such protest are anti-Semite.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It is important to delineate between criticism of the government of Israel and attacks, whether verbal or physical, on the Jewish race. Just because someone is critical of the actions of the Israeli government it doesn't make them anti-Semite. This is an all too convenient cloak to wear. I acknowledge that the Jewish race is among the most persecuted in history. I acknowledge their right to self determination. I acknowledge the rights of the Israeli state, however unfairly making jurisdiction at times, to function as any other state and protect itself from harm. It doesn't mean that state is beyond criticism. And it doesn't mean all those who make such protest are anti-Semite.

One definition of anti-Semitism is holding Israel to higher standards, ie double standards. there seems plenty of that in this thread. People quick to sneer at the creation of Israel vis killing British Soldiers etc but you dont hear that about the Irish free state for example, or the Mau maus in Kenya etc etc.Why is this of sudden significance? Are jews natural murderers?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Im sure we have permission for such a wall though and it would bother us if we destroyed/killed people in the process.
If the government do anything wrong the British are quick to criticise them, unlike the Israelis whom mostly think it's fine. Israel are just terrorists with nukes and western countries to back them up.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

Exactly, it's like someone whom criticises isis being portrayed as a racist.

Im sure we have permission for such a wall though and it would bother us if we destroyed/killed people in the process.
If the government do anything wrong the British are quick to criticise them, unlike the Israelis whom mostly think it's fine. Israel are just terrorists with nukes and western countries to back them up.

Big difference with illegal immigrants trying to get into this country with a 30 mile channel buffer, compared to no buffer & murderous gun toting suicide bombers on Israel's border. Thankfully Israel has the support of USA, Russia & the West. I don't think the State of Israel will be too concerned what a few left wingers on a football forum think

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Big difference with illegal immigrants trying to get into this country with a 30 mile channel buffer, compared to no buffer & murderous gun toting suicide bombers on Israel's border. Thankfully Israel has the support of USA, Russia & the West. I don't think the State of Israel will be too concerned what a few left wingers on a football forum think

You are not making a buffer, you are expanding. I would love the west to stop backing Israel, make it more of a fair fight.
Of course they won't be concerned, because they are little bullies. For you to brag about it proves what a prick you really are.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A. This thread is about Israel. Feel free to start a thread about Syria and I'll probably comment.

B. Care to point out anything I've said that is incorrect ? Posting facts doesn't make me anti-semite. Equally I've criticised ISRAEL not the JEWS so you might want to learn what anti-semite really means.

There are plenty of Jews, both in Israel and elsewhere, who don't like the way Israel conducts itself.

My father-in-law, a Methodist Minister, was in Palestine during the war as an army Chaplain. He led a number of groups visiting the area in subsequent years. He was always very pro-Palestinian.

Jul 7, 2016

EEm from what I have read about the conflict SWILLIS you seem also very one sided in your views. My Jewish friend has asked me to pass on a message to you. Go spend one month with an Israeli family in Israel then go spend one month with a Palestinian family. Maybe then u will have more of a balanced view than simply a Neo Nazi type one of Israel. I've been invited to Tel Aviv next year, my first time to Israel, if the pics are anything to go by, looks like a party city to me ,,

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
If you think me criticising Israel makes me a neo nazi, then that negates the need for further discussion.

Jul 7, 2016
If you think me criticising Israel makes me a neo nazi, then that negates the need for further discussion.

SWILLIS, it's not your criticism, I'm sure like most countries they have done things they shouldn't have but its the words you use calling them terrorists etc which sounds very Nazi or Hardline Islamist way of describing Israel. I have done a bit of research on the web and it seems that they respond sometimes quite heavily to the likes of Hamas firing rockets at them or trying to kill their civilians with guns and knives etc but I suspect most
Countries wouldn't take that type of pro action very well. I know America and Russia don't. It seems to me that the criticism of Israel seems very out of proportion. According to what I've read approx 2-4 Palestinians get killed every month usually as a result of a counter strike by Israeli security after they have tried to kill Israelis. Compare that to Syria where about 500-750 get killed every month or 400 a month in Afganistan or 250 a month who disappear in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

So yes the language you use is totally out of order and Nazi or Islamist like. Not balanced even slightly

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Israel have flouted more U.N. Resolutions than any other country in history for there invasions, land grabbing and blockades.
i wonder if they have weapons of mass destruction.?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
SWILLIS, it's not your criticism, I'm sure like most countries they have done things they shouldn't have but its the words you use calling them terrorists etc which sounds very Nazi or Hardline Islamist way of describing Israel. I have done a bit of research on the web and it seems that they respond sometimes quite heavily to the likes of Hamas firing rockets at them or trying to kill their civilians with guns and knives etc but I suspect most
Countries wouldn't take that type of pro action very well. I know America and Russia don't. It seems to me that the criticism of Israel seems very out of proportion. According to what I've read approx 2-4 Palestinians get killed every month usually as a result of a counter strike by Israeli security after they have tried to kill Israelis. Compare that to Syria where about 500-750 get killed every month or 400 a month in Afganistan or 250 a month who disappear in Iran or Saudi Arabia.

So yes the language you use is totally out of order and Nazi or Islamist like. Not balanced even slightly

They are continually expanding by nothing but force. Let's say I move in next door to you and decide I want half of your garden, when you say no I will just take it by force. You cannot do nothing about it as I have far bigger friends. Then I will take the other half when I feel like it and so on until you are forced to move.

Now that may sound far fetched but it happens to Palestinians all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here