Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will the UN do something ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's probably because the UN understands that if the Jews didn't have Israel they would have no home at all.

If we remember the Turkish Muslims invading north Cyprus it displaced thousands of Greek Cyporiots. What did the Greek Cypriots do? They built their lives elsewhere on the island and got on with it. Palistinian Muslims would rather blame their continued misery on others instead of building their own country to a prosperous level.

When we look at the Islamic map it covers the whole of the Middle East, North Africa and is of great size in Asia. Israel is probably less than 1% of the Islamic land mass so it is not completely unfair considering it is their ancestral home.

And if it had been your home and land taken to create Israel I'm sure you'd still be so laid back about it. It was theft ..... nothing less.

EDIT - and I'm never going to support a 'state' that actively murdered British troops and used fake British passports when carrying out murders elsewhere in the world.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
iran20israel20nuclear-feat.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And if it had been your home and land taken to create Israel I'm sure you'd still be so laid back about it. It was theft ..... nothing less.

EDIT - and I'm never going to support a 'state' that actively murdered British troops and used fake British passports when carrying out murders elsewhere in the world.

I knew a Greek Cypriot family who were forced to move after the Turkish invasion of north Cyprus. They moved and built good lives in the prosperous south. There is plenty of land in the Midde East to build thriving villages, towns and cities, and if Islam was at peace with itself it could be thriving.

The King David Hotel was an underground terrorist organisation and I don't condone thier war crimes.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
'It's probably because the UN understands that if the Jews didn't have Israel they would have no home at all.'

Well, The Roman Catholics, dont have a 'home land', neither do Protestants, Buddists etc etc.
It is a faith, not a nationality. Israel is the 'nationality.' with many of them speaking with American, English, and East European accents.
A nation born out of Israeli terrorists, killing British servicemen and local residents.

As King Saud said, give them Bavaria.

My dad was over there under attack from them during the Sinau crisis

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I knew a Greek Cypriot family who were forced to move after the Turkish invasion of north Cyprus. They moved and built good lives in the prosperous south. There is plenty of land in the Midde East to build thriving villages, towns and cities, and if Islam was at peace with itself it could be thriving.

Well good for them but if someone tried to steal my home and land I'd hit back with anything I could ..... including terror tactics.

Jul 7, 2016
I have a couple of friends who are Jewish and I must say I am quite shocked at the level of dislike aimed at Israel. From my fairly balanced viewpoint, I note their are about 25 Islamic countries in the world housing about a billion people mostly Muslims. Israel on the map looks to me not much bigger than Wales and has I think about 7-8 million people mainlyJewish. Israel to my knowledge has been a staunch ally of Britain, Europe and the western world In general for at least the last 50 years. It's laws when I looked on the web seem very similar to ours, the web states it has a free press, it has democratically elected govt, a population that has a high level of degree educated people and I understand lots of companies like Apple, Siemens, Vodafone, as well as around pharmaceutical companies and other high tech companies invest in Israeli start ups. They seem to have a similar culture, girls in skimpy clothes on the beach, niteclubs, bars etc. Surely we have a lot in common with Israelis , why would we not support them and take their side. To me it's a no brainier even without my two Jewish friends I would feel naturally supportive of a similar culture and values.

I don't get why anyone would begrudge the Jewish people one tiny country of their own.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I have a couple of friends who are Jewish and I must say I am quite shocked at the level of dislike aimed at Israel. From my fairly balanced viewpoint, I note their are about 25 Islamic countries in the world housing about a billion people mostly Muslims. Israel on the map looks to me not much bigger than Wales and has I think about 7-8 million people mainlyJewish. Israel to my knowledge has been a staunch ally of Britain, Europe and the western world In general for at least the last 50 years. It's laws when I looked on the web seem very similar to ours, the web states it has a free press, it has democratically elected govt, a population that has a high level of degree educated people and I understand lots of companies like Apple, Siemens, Vodafone, as well as around pharmaceutical companies and other high tech companies invest in Israeli start ups. They seem to have a similar culture, girls in skimpy clothes on the beach, niteclubs, bars etc. Surely we have a lot in common with Israelis , why would we not support them and take their side. To me it's a no brainier even without my two Jewish friends I would feel naturally supportive of a similar culture and values.

I don't get why anyone would begrudge the Jewish people one tiny country of their own.

*** Cough ***

> Murdering British troops
> Their 'assassins' using fake British passports to deflect the blame to US
> Use of banned weapons
> Targeting of UN schools in Gaza
> Bulldozing of houses whilst people were still in them
> Shooting children as young as seven for throwing stones
> Forcing Palestinians to live in poverty
> Killing innocent protestors on a boat using special forces
> Not adhering to UN resolutions against them
> Having a PM who has been indited with corruption
> Ripping up Arab farmers olive groves because 'they were too close to their security wall'

.... I could carry on but I'm sure you'll still side with them. I suggest you hunt down the Panaroma documentary that highlighted the difference between the Israeli standard of living and the Arab standard of living within Israel proper. Note what the Israeli mayor says .... utter racist.

Oh hear we go again our resident anti-Semite who pops up every 6 months to critisize Israel with venomous hatred, whilst meanwhile how many people lets say in Syria were killed today? Oh let's forget this & comment on an article printed by the Economist 2 years ago about the very supposedly bad Israelis who grab land - with guns? No. They actually purchase it. Move on love.

It's because the poor Depressed downtrodden! war mongering, non democratic! mostly backward Arab nations who hold 98% of the land in the Middle East need more territory & those very nasty democratic, westernised, modern Israelis are at fault for their troubles !!

Jul 7, 2016
I don't really know much about what you have listed but I note in the interest of fairness you don't seem to have mentioned the various Islamist groups that operate there, I am assuming they have acted badly as well or is it in your opinion all the fault of Israel and nothing to do with groups like hummus etc. Seems odd because in numerous other countries around the world these Islamist groups are also making violent attacks on people that live in the same country.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Oh hear we go again our resident anti-Semite who pops up every 6 months to critisize Israel with venomous hatred, whilst meanwhile how many people lets say in Syria were killed today? Oh let's forget this & comment on an article printed by the Economist 2 years ago about the very supposedly bad Israelis who grab land - with guns? No. They actually purchase it. Move on love.

A. This thread is about Israel. Feel free to start a thread about Syria and I'll probably comment.

B. Care to point out anything I've said that is incorrect ? Posting facts doesn't make me anti-semite. Equally I've criticised ISRAEL not the JEWS so you might want to learn what anti-semite really means.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It's because the poor Depressed downtrodden! war mongering, non democratic! mostly backward Arab nations who hold 98% of the land in the Middle East need more territory & those very nasty democratic, westernised, modern Israelis are at fault for their troubles !!

Th nice democratic, westernised, modern Israelis of my acquaintance don't live in Israel any more if fact some can't bear to visit family now. They find it such an unpleasant right wing oppressive place it no longer feels like home. Brighton has a lot of Israelis who feel like that. Go to the liberal synagogues and you'll meet plenty of them.

Jul 7, 2016
To Westdean Seagull. I have looked on the internet some more and found out some stuff about Hamus and Islamic jihad two not very nice Islamist groups who apparently have a lengthy history of throwing gay people off building and training 11 year old boys to become suicide bombers and go into busy
Bars and restaurants to blow themselves up and Jewish people. If this is what you are supporting then it doesn't make sense to me unless you hate Jewish people so much for some reason you would rather side with groups that act like Isis. It seems you must be what they call an anti Semite. Sorry if I spelt it wrong. Not a nice person that Westdean seagull.

Last edited:

Th nice democratic, westernised, modern Israelis of my acquaintance don't live in Israel any more if fact some can't bear to visit family now. They find it such an unpleasant right wing oppressive place it no longer feels like home. Brighton has a lot of Israelis who feel like that. Go to the liberal synagogues and you'll meet plenty of them.

Sure - Israel is an eclectic place with a very wide range of religions, beliefs & political persuasions - no different from the UK & all wrapped up in democracy - no different to the UK. It's not perfect, but then the UK is not either. I visit Israel every year. Absolutely love the place despite its horrible neighbours. It is also the best Bly country in the Middle East where the Christian population is increasing & per head the Arab residents have a higher capita than other Arab nations in the area.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
To Westdean Seagull. I have looked on the internet some more and found out some stuff about Hamus and Islamic jihad two not very nice Islamist groups who apparently have a lengthy history of throwing gay people off building and training 11 year old boys to become suicide bombers and go into busy
Bars and restaurants to blow themselves up and Jewish people. If this is what you are supporting then it doesn't make sense to me unless you hate Jewish people so much for some reason you would rather side with groups that act like Isis. It seems you must be what they call an anti Semite. Sorry if I spelt it wrong. Not a nice person that Westdean seagull. Seems ironic you can only afford to live in Westdean and not the much nicer area of Withdean I understand.

Where have I suggested I agree with trowing gay people off buildings etc ? What I object to is the enforced take over of land from Palestinians in the 1940s by the British & co. I therefore empathise with Palestinians wanting to fight back and reclaim those lands. Just because the Israelis believe in some fairytale that suggests they should own the land doesn't make it morally right. And yet again you might want to learn what the phrase 'anti-semite' actually means .... I suggest you ask Nick.

PS - I suggest you learn to spell the suburbs of Brighton if you want to really appear to be a BHA supporter.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here