Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When were these photos taken at the Goldstone ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was still being built. The first game that the stand was opened and in use was the league game against Barnsley on October 20 1984.

Ah yes. I think we may lost 1-0. Fog of memory, mind.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Love the way the guy, centre right in the top picture, is looking a bit worried as he squares up one on one with the long haired guy whilst his two mates behind him steam confident that they will then be involved in three against one. Brave lads!
The bloke you mention was as game as they come mate, and as I've mentioned he died this morning.

D

Deleted member 2719

I used to work with one of the Chelsea Headhunters he was mad........................i locked horn with him a few times, but one on one nothing special.

Will we ever get the same intense atmosphere at the Amex???

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
It was still being built. The first game that the stand was opened and in use was the league game against Barnsley on October 20 1984.
I stand corrected ,I thought the roof was on but no home fans in it .so as you say building work must have been going on.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
It crossbar was still in one piece at this point.

image13.jpg

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA

This is correct. Remember the foam hands they gave everyone going in? Terrible game, most ended up strewn across the penalty box afterwards!

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
:angel:
Yes, the gormless looking large bloke behind the ' Praying Mantis ' in the middle. :eek:

No I wasn't, not sure why could have been working.
strange day , I was in the north west terrace under the lego stand keeping a low profile and a quiet end of the season game ,what happend after the final whistle came as a bit of a surprise
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here