Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Poyet leaves for a bigger club, such as Watford or Doncaster.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
who the f*** r oxford, ud love 2 be us going away wiv hardcore fans in there thousands, watching good football week in week out, stop runing ur mouth off oxford BOY u got barnet at home soon and there takeing a good firm up lets just see whos WELL SUPPORTED SHEL WE

wat?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Why not make yourself known next time you visit us, for a drink at the Priory. Our heating services engineers love nothing more than giving the correct hospitality treatment to fans from bha. (Although during the last few outings it was more a game of hide and seek, and we couldn't find you on any occassion, although some of you did get plastered quite literally)

Why do you have an obsession with BHA?

hitman80

puke on the palace
Nov 29, 2010
oi dreaming spires hears a question for you if your hardcore oxford fan then were is is gona kick off when u play barnet at home, were abouts in blackbird leys???????????

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Worse than you? Wait until we get in the paper for moaning as you did, before you can make that kind of statement.
I can safely say that Oxford are not as well supported as Brighton, LOL, FFS, our average attendance is more or less the same as yours, and we are currently one league below you.

Although I do accept as some have pointed out, when the FA. beg you to go into the championship next season, and promise you the title, as bha fans seem to think is an inevatability, the 15000 stay away fans will suddenly re-appear.....LOL

I lived in Oxford for 4 years, and you're either a scumbag from Blackbird Leys, or you wear a cordroy jacket with leather elbow patches and a copy of the Daily Telegraph under your arm.

Oxford is a lovely city, with a very good rowing team and a small and insignificant football club.

Your delusional if you think Oxfords fanbase even compares with Brighton.... Are you sure you didn't mean to go to the Wycombe Wanderers website? thats more your level.

Nice recent matchday picture of your 2 bit support in your 3/4 stadium,

Suppose the benefit is no queing at the food outlets... Oxford United catering manager....now there's a cusy job, organising food for a couple of dozen fans every other week :laugh:

oxford20kassam20stadium.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Being realistic coocky, Oxford has always been and always will be a bigger club than little old bha.
Too funny. I remember when you got to division one, being roared on in that quaint little manor ground of yours, in front of whopping, previously-unheard-of gates of around 13,000.

A decade before of course, we had done the same thing but our gates were around the piddly little 28,000 mark that season. Oxford: two bob little club with comedy ground.

Nov 27, 2009
who the f*** r oxford, ud love 2 be us going away wiv hardcore fans in there thousands, watching good football week in week out, stop runing ur mouth off oxford BOY u got barnet at home soon and there takeing a good firm up lets just see whos WELL SUPPORTED SHEL WE

Oh ducky, you seem to have the intellect of a slug, with that spelling.

.................Oh and we probably take as many away from home as you do, if not more, if you checked out the figures. Although saying that as they go above 10 I wouldn't bother, TTFN sweety.

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Remember that season Oxford were in Div. 1?
Remember those 3 seasons Oxford were in the Conference?
Massive club.

Anyway, I'll ignore the blatent trolling for a second and answer the question properly. What we know at the moment is that Poyet has a long term contract, that he intends to honour it and is trying to build a team that will have a strong future. Even if he were to leave, he would've left us with the work he's done now which is a much better position than we were in this time last year. But he won't need to leave for a Championship club, because we'll be one next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Massive club.

Anyway, I'll ignore the blatent trolling for a second and answer the question properly. What we know at the moment is that Poyet has a long term contract, that he intends to honour it and is trying to build a team that will have a strong future. Even if he were to leave, he would've left us with the work he's done now which is a much better position than we were in this time last year. But he won't need to leave for a Championship club, because we'll be one next season.
And we'll have as many season ticket holders as Oxford and Swindon's entire average attendances put together.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I must say I quite like the look of Oxford's ground :) I don't, however, think that Gus will leave for a club of the standard that you have outlined. As others have stated, Gus has said it would have to be a top Premiership club to tempt him away.

In argument to which club is bigger...I think that the answer is Brighton, I am not going to lie.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Odd that an Oxford fan would come trolling on a Brighton forum when we have only played once in the last 14 or so years and that was a friendly.

As for us believing we have an automatic right to be promoted, I daresay we have a fair amount of level headed supporters that understand we don't. I seem to remember the vast majority of Oxford fans were insistent that they were already promoted from the Conference and it took you four years to get over your tendency to choke.

My very first Oxford game was a 4-3 win over Rotherham and soccerbase tells me you had an attendance of 4,453. A match you desparately needed to win to have any chance of avoiding the drop.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
And I have been to the old ground at Headington in the past. Saw Oxford take on Swindon and the mighty Don Rogers.

And believe me in the hating stakes I reckon the enmity between Oxford and Swindon was worse than between Albion and Palace. Rogers was howled at every time he touched the ball.

And Swindon lost.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I think the estimates of average crowds at Falmer seem high, the many fans who have stopped attending when we were relegated have had plenty of time to find other interests, I know a number who have rail season tickets now watch Premier games in London,others have Sky and say they can no longer watch anything below Premier standard.
If we are still in league one next season after a few matches crowds will I think average out around 12,000.

Nov 27, 2009
Massive club.

Love it, the divine right to promotion again!

Oxfordfan

Nov 30, 2010
Hi' Oxford fan in peace here.

Firstly i would like to say sorry for the idiot who is obversely on a wined up.
Also I'm glad to hear that you are moving to a new stadium ' next season?'
Good luck on promotion this season and hope you give scumdon a thrashing.

As for witch club is bigger ' does it really matter?' we are averaging over 7,000 this season and for a club in 18th place in league 2 is not bad.
but i,m sure you would be getting a lot more if your ground could hold it.

What is the capacity of your new ground? As a new ground always brings in more supporters.

The kassam has over 3,000 parking spaces the manor had 0
The kassam is easy to get to the manor wasn't
The kassam is right next to the famous blackbird leys estate witch has a population of over 20,000
This as all helped increase our fan base
Your support may well double
Anyway good luck hope you get promotion

Last edited:

Oxfordfan

Nov 30, 2010
Cheers :) I heard about Jake Wright and that sucks. Don't know if he is rated much at Oxford, but must always be bad for one of your players to be out for so long :(
Got to be one of best centre backs in league 2. I'm gutted. He is pour class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here