Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Oscar gets asked whether he would like to one day manage Barcelona...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Even if Gus sometimes went too far or spoke out of line, that doesn't change the fact that many on here acted like insecure, jealous, possessive 12 year old angst-ridden girls.

You're probably right, but I'm not as interested in that as how our new manager handles such questions.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Doesn't bother me, if journo's are linking him/asking him serious questions about the Barca position then that means he's being successful at the Albion.

All good if you ask me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're probably right, but I'm not as interested in that as how our new manager handles such questions.

Ultimately though, do you not think if we are to be successful we are going to have to get used to this sort of thing until such time as we are seen as a BIG club ourselves?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's just move on from Gus. He's history (apart from a hearing, which he will lose, and possible legal action, which I also expect he will lose if he takes on Tony). The king is dead (at last!), long live the (soon to be crowned) king.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let's just move on from Gus. He's history (apart from a hearing, which he will lose, and possible legal action, which I also expect he will lose if he takes on Tony). The king is dead (at last!), long live the (soon to be crowned) king.

Agreed - fantastic ride on the Gus Bus, now let's whizz past it in the OsCar.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ultimately though, do you not think if we are to be successful we are going to have to get used to this sort of thing until such time as we are seen as a BIG club ourselves?

We'll never be as big as Barca! Get used to the questions? Yes. Get used to disrespectful, unappreciative, self-centred, self-serving answers? No.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed - fantastic ride on the Gus Bus, now let's whizz past it in the OsCar.

The ride WAS fantastic. I enjoyed it, a lot, so thank you Gus for 3 great seasons. Let's hope we keep moving forward.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

We'll never be as big as the BIG clubs even if one day we become a consolidated mid table Premier League club, so we have to just got used to the fact that when we unearth a great player, or appoint a successful manager they will inevitably be prised away from us.

Thats the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quote, please.

Here you go 4 clubs in one interview, I cannot imagine the interviewer asked for a list of clubs Poyet would like to manage either..do you think he's "ready" now???

He told the Evening Standard: ‘I want to manage at the highest level and would love to manage Chelsea or Arsenal. Why not?

‘Does my Chelsea or Tottenham past mean I cannot be Arsenal manager?

'Look, I’ve been at Leeds (as assistant to Dennis Wise) and the relationship between Leeds and Chelsea was not the best. If you ask any Leeds fan, my relationship with them was absolutely exceptional.

‘I would love to go back to Leeds because they know how much I care for the club and how much I will give the club. Same with Arsenal. The only thing is I need to be ready.’

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...how will you react? Will you acknowledge that it's a completely logical question to ask, and also that obviously yes, he would like to one day manage Barcelona, or will you whinge and whine like a little bitch?

Shirley it is every job vacancy that appears now, the usual suspects on here will say he is linked with the job and it's disgusting etc.

Having said all that it is great that we can attract such a young manager to manage our little old seaside club.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If he does well, he'll be linked with other clubs. Personally I'd rather that (and the ensuing moan from the usual offenders) than him doing badly.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Shirley it is every job vacancy that appears now, the usual suspects on here will say he is linked with the job and it's disgusting etc.

Having said all that it is great that we can attract such a young manager to manage our little old seaside club.

Thankfully he probably won't be waxing lyrical about English teams we are playing and how he'd like to manage them one day, that'll be a pleasant change. Just off to wet my bed, back soon

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I would expect people to be more sympathetic to someone saying 'it has always been my dream to manage Barcelona' than to someone saying 'it has always been my dream to manage Leeds United'.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As long as he doesn't tout himself for bigger jobs every other week it will be a significant improvement.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Out of the list of teams he's talked about the only one he's got any chance of getting anytime soon is Leeds if McDermot doesn't hit the ground running.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
'Look, I’ve been at Leeds (as assistant to Dennis Wise) and the relationship between Leeds and Chelsea was not the best. If you ask any Leeds fan, my relationship with them was absolutely exceptional.

I've asked 3, all unconnected and totally different demographics. The only thing they have in common is that none of them want him anywhere near Leeds. One said he didn't want to constantly hear excuses about how poor their budget is, one told me they would love to see Macca up there so why the hell would they want the one manager who doesn't know how to play him, and when I said to the third (back in April) that he might be interested in the job they replied he is interested in every job going, and lots that aren't, so no thanks. I can't repeat the rest of what he said as I'm highly likely to be banned - i did find it quite exceptional though :censored:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Whilst I'd imagine we might attract a little more attention from Spanish journalists with Oscar's arrival, I don't think it's a story many of them will be busting a gut to fly over to Brighton for some insignificant Championship match in order to grab a quote for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here