Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Oscar gets asked whether he would like to one day manage Barcelona...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You have. At no point did Gus UNPROMPTED refer to wanting to manage another club. Not once.

PLEASE can we not have this happen with Oscar?

It's clear that our fans are not used to us being a "bigger" club, and that with success will come questions of the manager's career, and possible advancements. If it's the price of success, it's well worth it, no?

Yes he did! I wouldn't have remarked on it if he hadn't said it so many times it began to grate a bit, like Craig Noone saying he supported Liverpool. I've got absolutely no problem with managers wanting to move on to bigger and better clubs, but as a personal viewpoint I would rather they didn't take every opportunity to tell the world. Being Brighton manager in this era is a good gig, especially for a beginner like Poyet, and I never felt he really appreciated the opportunity (And if he did enough behind the scenes to get sacked it sounds like I was right).

But no, I'll I'll have no problem if someone says to Oscar "Would you like to manage Barcelona" and he says "yes" as opposed to saying "I'm concentrating on managing Brighton at the moment".

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Too late, people. An Israeli contact of mine tells me he has already said it's his ambition to manage Barcelona one day.

Let the flak fly ...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why would he want to manage Barcelona? We are Brighton and hove Albion! We're not like those two bit Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday clubs that think they're a big deal, were the greatest option out there, and if we spend, say 4m on a player, he will have spent more on a player than any manager in our history. Why would he be so ungrateful as to leave a club spending more money than ever in its history and go somewhere where 4m wouldn't pay the wage of a player for six months? We've got the Amex! Why would he want to leave? That arrogant, ungrateful egotist, thinking he's better than us. FFS, lets get tony pulis in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why would he want to manage Barcelona? We are Brighton and hove Albion! We're not like those two bit Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday clubs that think they're a big deal, were the greatest option out there, and if we spend, say 4m on a player, he will have spent more on a player than any manager in our history. Why would he be so ungrateful as to leave a club spending more money than ever in its history and go somewhere where 4m wouldn't pay the wage of a player for six months? We've got the Amex! Why would he want to leave? That arrogant, ungrateful egotist, thinking he's better than us. FFS, lets get tony pulis in.

One guy gets it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Spot on.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I will be furious. Touting for other jobs whilst serving as a Brighton manager? Disgraceful. We had enough of that from the last guy!

Oh, ok. Mustn't be sarcastic. The reality is that there is always another job, another club and another dream. If Oscar wants the top job, he'll need to do very nicely with us first.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Because there aren't any, because you made it up. Let's move on.
Well I'll move on, but I'm not conceding the point just because I don't have time to trawl through every single recorded pronouncement (in all media) Poyet made in the three years he was with us.

I'm right and you're wrong. NOW we can move on!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
New manager, clean slate, nothing to worry about today.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well I'll move on, but I'm not conceding the point just because I don't have time to trawl through every single recorded pronouncement (in all media) Poyet made in the three years he was with us.

I'm right and you're wrong. NOW we can move on!

He has never "touted" himself for a job UNPROMPTED. That would be big news, and easily trackable. You are definitely, definitely wrong.

Right. DONE. Moving on starts HERE and not a post earlier!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here