Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Oscar gets asked whether he would like to one day manage Barcelona...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On a mildly serious note, if Oscar is anywhere near the Barcelona job in the future, that will mean he has taken us into Europe minimum. I'd probably settle for that, and won't be getting too upset about anything he says on the subject.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He has never "touted" himself for a job UNPROMPTED. That would be big news, and easily trackable. You are definitely, definitely wrong.

Right. DONE. Moving on starts HERE and not a post earlier!

He said it so many times you wouldn't know if it were unprompted or not, so no it wouldn't be big news!

Right, this is NOW the official 'moving on' point!

EDIT: And I've REALLY got to do some work now!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Code:
Well I'll move on, but I'm not conceding the point just because I don't have time to trawl through every single recorded pronouncement (in all media) Poyet made in the three years he was with us.

I'm right and you're wrong. NOW we can move on!

You claimed he said it "so many times" that it began to "grate"

Surely it should be REALLY easy to find and not time-consuming at all?

*throws the grenade and walks away*

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
...how will you react? Will you acknowledge that it's a completely logical question to ask, and also that obviously yes, he would like to one day manage Barcelona, or will you whinge and whine like a little bitch?
I would hope he would say, one day in the distant future, absolutely, but my focus is now on Brighton and Hove Albion. Its every managers dream as it is every players dream to play for the best in the world.

And and by the way :rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
One day he might manage someone else but at the moment he looks like he is ours and if he takes us to the Premier League and achieves success with us I don't think anyone would begrudge him a move to Barcelona if they came calling as i for one would be grateful if he made us an established Premier League side.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
...how will you react? Will you acknowledge that it's a completely logical question to ask, and also that obviously yes, he would like to one day manage Barcelona, or will you whinge and whine like a little bitch?

I will expect him to answer "yes", in fact I would HOPE he answers yes. He is not going to get that offer unless he does a truly phenomenal job with us, and if he does that because his motivation is to be back at Barcelona as manager, then I wouldn't care one iota, I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The OP is just about the whiniest bitch on this forum.

You're really quite odd, you know that?

FAO: Everyone - this all stems from 8ace calling me a boring c*nt for asking about the food at the Sportsman, years ago. Really bizarre.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Exactly this. If thats is an ambition he will need to achieve great things 1st with us. If he makes us into a Premiership side and keeps us there and builds a decent side then i would not begrudge him that opportunity as it is one of the biggest jobs going. Big difference to Leeds or Reading and you have to earn a shot at the big time.

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013

I have no problem with him being asked or with him answering. As already pointed out in line similar to the Chelski question I hope he'd show the class of Zola rather than the crass of Gus in the way it is handled.

You have. At no point did Gus UNPROMPTED refer to wanting to manage another club. Not once.

Can't go back that far to find it to copy here but local media from Leeds tweeted that the comments from Poyet after the game in April were very odd with respect to how he would have loved the Leeds job but wasn't in a position to go knocking in doors. When queried why odd I'm sure they replied it was because he wasn't actually asked. Have parents living oop north and they certainly told me there were similar reports in the local press there.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
He has only had two coaching jobs.

Yes, of course he would like to manage Barcelona one day - but this must be ten years away.

He has already managed Maccabi and won their league - but clearly will not want to go back to Israel.

I cannot see too many managerial dreams being raised.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He has only had two coaching jobs.

Yes, of course he would like to manage Barcelona one day - but this must be ten years away.

I think you're wrong. That simply isn't how Barcelona operate.

They promote from within the Barca family, and Oscar is one of them.

How many previous high profile jobs had Pep Guardiola or Tito Villanova had?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Gus could have answered similar questions a LOT more professionally. Let's see how the new manager, if it is OGJ, answers the inevitable question before making a judgement. It would be incredibly difficult for him to do worse TBH.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's the people who ask this sort of question that need a strong kick in the bollocks, it's a completely unfair question to ask a (young) manager who is learning his trade at our level.

Not really.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not at all. I'm sure they will talk to Oscar about aspects of Barcelona all the time, it's a clear and easy link. The issue is whether our fans can be grown up about it or insecure little girls.

You really have a problem with understanding that Gus was appalling at handling the media, don't you? You're the one who needs to wake up IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would hope he would say, one day in the distant future, absolutely, but my focus is now on Brighton and Hove Albion. Its every managers dream as it is every players dream to play for the best in the world.

And and by the way :rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Is the correct answer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You really have a problem with understanding that Gus was appalling at handling the media, don't you? You're the one who needs to wake up IMHO.

Even if Gus sometimes went too far or spoke out of line, that doesn't change the fact that many on here acted like insecure, jealous, possessive 12 year old angst-ridden girls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here