Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When exactly was the moment Bono disappeared right up his own backside?

When did he become a cock?

• Always been a cock.

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • Boy period

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • October period

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • War period

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • The Unforgettable Fire period

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • The Joshua Tree period

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Rattle and Hum period (definite signs here inmho)

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Achtung Baby period

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Zooropa period

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Pop period

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • All that You Cant Leave Behind period

• Atomic Bomb period

• No Line on the Horizon period

• Never been a knob, you misunderstand the cuban heels, wrap-round indoor shades and preaching

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
THe only period of U2 music I'm fussed about is Zooropa and Pop, which is probably them at their most self-indulgent.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
when he decided his name was Bono/ when he wandered around high fiving people at Live Aid/ when he put on a cowboy hat

ees complicated

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The moment he slid up his own bottom coincides with the moment he became incredibly lucky, and realised he was getting money for nothing and a stage to espouse his opinions....as if they mattered. Should have just stuck with his mediocre music.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More concerned about the music than whether it is played by a few knobs!!!!

Who plays the music does influence how you receive and hear it though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
When he appeared alongside Lynn in Alan Partridge.

"Yes - I last saw da Edge at a pap cancert."

"Sunday Bloody Sunday". What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Aren't we forgetting his fellow cock, " The Edge " surely anyone who dubs himself this is cockdom personified ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If anyone can't be arsed to read the link I posted, because it is a tad irrelevant, here's the salient point.

Last week, there was a gathering in Dublin of the elites of Europe's right-wing parties – the parties that colluded in imposing over €60bn of rich people's debt on to Irish citizens. Bono, the eminent back-slapper and official chin-tickler to the powerful, turned up to entertain them.

Bono praised our "dignity", the patronising gobshite. He told them the Troika didn't bail us out, Irish citizens bailed themselves out. As good an example of truth-avoiding bullshit as you can get.

However, the actual answer to the thread is he disappeared up his own backside the very moment he sang the line "tonight thank God it's them instead of you"

Pretty much spotted he was a fake right from the get-go, even when my fellow students at Sussex University were telling me in all seriousness that buying his records would mean a proportion would go to funding the IRA.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The day he chose to wear sunglasses when he was inside a room probably. You can pretty well guarantee anyone that does that is a bit of a self important ****.

Imagine being on a long haul flight with Bono on one side of you and Sting on the other. The saviours of Africa and the South American rain forests on either side of you.

Yup, for me it was the minute he discovered wrap-around shades. Quite liked U2 up to Achtung Baby and some of Zooropa was really quite good.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
"Sunday Bloody Sunday". What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

Oi really hate to do this to you Badger, but it was actually about a massacre in Derry in 1972...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here