Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did NSC suddenly become so right wing?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
nsc is bound to have a left-wing biased due to the fact that it counts amongst it's number peeople from a liberal-thinking city and those who can operate a computer.

a town that has mostly return tory mp's and has managed a massive pr exercise and has benefited from better transport links to london than other seaside resorts in the last 20 years you mean.

this myth of birghtons intrinsic liberalism certainly has some basis in truth, but i do find the people who proclaim it the loudest dont really understand its real roots, rather nail their colours to its mast unquestioningly or for their own agendas.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Economic Left/Right: -7.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82

pcgraphpng.php

That will do me. Vote Whig

Last edited:

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

I appear to be equal with Dandyman as the most economically Left Wing and the most libertarian to reply so far.

whilst I'm not surprised, The worrying thing is I know a fair few lefties that scare me.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
a town that has mostly return tory mp's and has managed a massive pr exercise and has benefited from better transport links to london than other seaside resorts in the last 20 years you mean.

this myth of birghtons intrinsic liberalism certainly has some basis in truth, but i do find the people who proclaim it the loudest dont really understand its real roots, rather nail their colours to its mast unquestioningly or for their own agendas.

I left Brighton in 1983, the year that Brighton Conservative party first lost overall control of the council. At that time both councils and all three Mp's for Brighton and Hove had always been Conservative, except for the 6 years in teh 60's that Dennis Hobden had held Kemp Town.

in the years since all three seats have been Labour for half the time and now Pavilion has the only green MP, and both councils have been in Labour control for some of the past 27 years.

When I come back now Brighton and particularly Hove look and feel totally different from the deeply conservative towns I left.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

I appear to be equal with Dandyman as the most economically Left Wing and the most libertarian to reply so far.

whilst I'm not surprised, The worrying thing is I know a fair few lefties that scare me.

My libertarian one (a couple of pages back) was -8.15 but I'll happily let you claim the title.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I left Brighton in 1983, the year that Brighton Conservative party first lost overall control of the council. At that time both councils and all three Mp's for Brighton and Hove had always been Conservative, except for the 6 years in teh 60's that Dennis Hobden had held Kemp Town.

in the years since all three seats have been Labour for half the time and now Pavilion has the only green MP, and both councils have been in Labour control for some of the past 27 years.

When I come back now Brighton and particularly Hove look and feel totally different from the deeply conservative towns I left.

ok so kind of bears me out give or take seven years. i think castello you know what i am getting at. i am not railing against change or anything i just think there has been an emperors new clothes attitude to brightons social history recently that grates somewhat.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Nature or nurture?
This is Jnr's
pcgraphpng.php
Private school 14

This is mine.
pcgraphpng.php
Secondary Modern. 64

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
ok so kind of bears me out give or take seven years. i think castello you know what i am getting at. i am not railing against change or anything i just think there has been an emperors new clothes attitude to brightons social history recently that grates somewhat.

Truthfully I totally know what you're saying. There is a reason I've chosen to stay in Tottenham all these years, rather than return to the city I still see as where I'm from. There is a liberal smugness to Brighton that makes the miserable down to earthness of Tottenham seem a relief.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Truthfully I totally know what you're saying. There is a reason I've chosen to stay in Tottenham all these years, rather than return to the city I still see as where I'm from. There is a liberal smugness to Brighton that makes the miserable down to earthness of Tottenham seem a relief.

You should move to Portsmouth then. We do miserable down to earthness as a career option.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

That's because the left are just as keen to control our lives as the right are.

The problem with the left leaning Libertarian is they edge too close to anarchy at times.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
That's because the left are just as keen to control our lives as the right are.

The problem with the left leaning Libertarian is they edge too close to anarchy at times.

its the anarchists I know that scare me the most.

Sometimes being involved with the left, makes me feel like a social worker for societies malcontents

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK, some time after my previous shot I had another go:

Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

...which puts me somewhere between Mandela and the Dalai Lama...not a bad place to find yourself!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
OK, some time after my previous shot I had another go:

Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

...which puts me somewhere between Mandela and the Dalai Lama...not a bad place to find yourself!

That rather depends on the circumstances. *scrubs sexual imagery from brain*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here