Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did NSC suddenly become so right wing?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I did this test for Politics at the begining of the year and got the same results give or take 0.5 (i forget the exact numbers). Ended up near Ghandi and Mandella again.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

Dandyman

In London village.
Does look that way, doesn't it. How embarrassing....and a Palace STH took me to lunch earlier.

All I need now is to be found hanging from the wardrobe, wearing ladies knickers and poppers shoved up my nose for it today to be completely humiliating.

I'll be checking your Facebook page later this evening.:lolol:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I hope as i age i fail to become more right-wing as seems to be the trend with life itself. I haven't begun to dislike particular people from particular countries taking up too much of my god-earned space or tire of the emotional outpourings of homosexuals or feel that my unemployed neighbour has so much in their existence that is undeserved or that the smashing of a couple of windows and the burning of a poppy is a hangable or shoeable offence. I know i'll be able to take less in, be less open-minded, more sealed in my own lukewarm bubble, less understanding as my insides wilt and the hunger for survival burns brightest, but i hope time doesn't take all the care from me and make me rage unforgivingly at alternatives.
Maybe we're a little trapped in angry times and have to wait for them to pass.

I agree with everything in this post, but could never express it a poetically as that.

NSC swung a long long way to the right some time ago. The big problem seems to be that a growing proportion of posters on here are intensely THICK.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I did this test for Politics at the begining of the year and got the same results give or take 0.5 (i forget the exact numbers). Ended up near Ghandi and Mandella again.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

I did the same test a couple of years ago, can't remember the exact figures but I was definitely a left wing libertarian...almost identical to Ken Livingston.

Dandyman

In London village.
So, is support of killing unborn babies right wing or left wing?

Supporting a woman's right to abort a foetus (not a baby) within a time limit is broadly left-wing and libertarian (the original 1967 Bill was proposed by a young Liberal called David Steele).

There are left-wing authoritarians (usually West of Scotland RC Labour types) however who oppose the right to choose as well as the right-wingers such as Ann Widdicombe or Tony Blair who think the laws of this country should be made by the Vatican.

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Interesting that people are still talking in terms of "left" and "right" wing, when actually the terms are more "authoritarian" and "libertarian".

I am as "right wing" as the BNP, which makes me less "right wing" than Labour et al, but I am as authoritarian as Plaid Cymru. Doesn't make we want to sing "Land of my Fathers" and shag sheep though.

So, can we stop calling people "right" and "left" wingers and use their proper determinations now? Perhaps everyone should put their score in their signature so we can see the sort of person we are talking to?

Henceforth I wish to be known as "kind of in the middle but doesn't like too much immigration and quite likes the police".

Thanks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I`m in the GREEN ARMY...................
Not as left as I thought though.

There wasn`t any questions about killing Muslims for fun though, was there.
I would have expected more on the military and overseas intervention or illegal wars (if you want)

Attachments

• pcgraphpng.png
    pcgraphpng.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 95

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Interesting that people are still talking in terms of "left" and "right" wing, when actually the terms are more "authoritarian" and "libertarian".
So, can we stop calling people "right" and "left" wingers and use their proper determinations now?

i think the general point of the political compass. left and right terms are often pointless other than in a very narrow definition, and then in the eye of the beholder. the compass still uses them though, really it should use another pair of terms on the economic axis to drive home the point.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That test is so old, modern warfare hadn't been invented.

But we were kicking those troublesome Muslims arses during the Crusades though weren`t we ? We could have based in on those figures.

Maybe they should have just had a graph and you could click on how many thousands of them we could kill without feeling too bad about it all before being called a softie lefty.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
But we were kicking those troublesome Muslims arses during the Crusades though weren`t we ? We could have based in on those figures.

Maybe they should have just had a graph and you could click on how many thousands of them we could kill without feeling too bad about it all before being called a softie lefty.

I think the program that does that is called "Call of Duty". How many do you kill before you feel a twinge of guilt? Do you get excited (go on, just a little bit) when you call in a Napalm strike? Do you shout racist comments at the screen as you stab one of them in the back with your, ahem, entrenching tool?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I`m in the GREEN ARMY...................
Not as left as I thought though.

There wasn`t any questions about killing Muslims for fun though, was there.
I would have expected more on the military and overseas intervention or illegal wars (if you want)

Thats a lot neater than your tiling, dang ! the picture never came out..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here