Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite view?

bernardo

Nov 2, 2012
For me, Devils Dyke.

DevilsDyke.jpg
A couple of months ago, on a Saturday morning, my son, his brother, their mum and i were walking up Victoria Road, past Temple Gardens, and when he turned around to tell us something he exclaimed: "Look at that!". Neither of us, including the passers by, couldn't expect that the most amazing view of a landscape could be found right in the middle of Brighton and Hove. Though Devil's Dyke is not bad either...

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Geeky, but I love the Balcombe viaduct, every time I drive past I find myself admiring it, both for the Victorian engineering and the setting. It's beautiful.

View attachment 36494

My favourite view as a lad, when at Ardingly College, was to stand on the terrace there and watch the trains travelling over the viaduct. As for favourite views today, I'd say East: probably the valley up to Telscombe Village (the one off the road from the Prison Crossroads to Newhaven, ironically not accessible from Telscombe Cliffs unless you like a long walk), or the Cuckmere Estuary from the top of the hill up from East Dean; West: the Arun Valley from Bury Hill, as Stat Brother says, or the other side from the Burgh (up the single track road from Houghton). Great view of Arundel Castle and the sea from there.

unklbrian

Feb 4, 2012
In Sussex - the view from Bignor Hill toward Chichester , follow the roman road SW toward Chichester and when it opens into a field the road can by sat on, looking straight along it to the Cathederal with IOW in the background ...

Beauty & History in one spot

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is a bit different,but i have always liked the view coming into Brighton Station by train from London Road Station,the view here only gives a small part of the whole picture so to speak-

It also looks good at night too

116955_2a55ff5e.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The view from the train when you flash past Gatwick airport always seems oddly heart-warming to me. Always seems like crossing the border from being in London to being back home in Sussex.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Ten minutes behind my house at the top of Lancing Ring. See Shoreham, Brighton and as far as Seven Sisters.

coast3684_edited.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Salisbury cathedral from the water meadows.

Driving from Brighton to Longleat Centreparcs, I always marvel (alone) at that amazing structure.

Built in early medieval times, but still 70 feet taller than Brighton's highest building Sussex Heights!

(Rest of the family barely notice it).

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
For me it's on the Bevendean downs looking east/west right along the coast picking out landmarks such as the Shoreham power station chimney, Worthing pier and when conditions are right The Isle of Wight and if I feel I need another view I look north to the Wild park and then east for the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here