Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the worst injury you've ever had?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Fortunately this apparently happened to someone else.. A rugby player dislocated his femur and whilst relocating it his right testicle got trapped between the top of his femur(thigh bone) and his pelvis. Approximately how much would that have hurt?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
cartilage.. ended my olympic hockey dreams.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The two worst were being kicked in the knee by a horse, broke my kneecap......and having a horse rear over on me, broke my nose, three ribs and one of my thumbs :lolol:

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Only ever dislocated my fingers playing in goal and apparently the people behind the goal could hear 4 fingers being popped out!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I once got an eyelash in my eye.

And then there was the time I got a nasty grass burn, but I don't like to talk about it as it brings back bad memories.

Also recall having a blister whenever I got new boots once. Not good times!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've had:

Skiers/gamekeepers thumb. The ligament holding the thumb in place with the rest of the hand/giving control, was completely ripped, in a skiing accident.

Broken bones - luckily, only toes and ribs, which self healed. Sneezing or laughing is a nightmare with broken ribs.

Most pain, was a kidney stone passing through. :cry:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
jaw broke in 3 places jaw bone came through my gums
still waited til the pub closed before going to hospital was wired up for about 6 monthes
done wonders for my waistline

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Be warned......if Drumstick posts on this thread......look away....!!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Cruciate Ligaments! Playing Vets game after 5 years out against a half decent Eastbourne United side, tried to do a Vicente turn and got all his injuries at once! Top of leg went one way bottom the other, pop! Agony, went down like I was shot by a sniper, still on the sofa 9 weeks later, just had MRI, talk of operation, the worst pain I have ever felt, will never be the same again and when I try and walk with out brace it looks like I have had 15 pints!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Broken arm/elbow: playing indoor football in cricket nets (at Owzat! in Lancing for anyone who remembers those days). Lunged to block a shot and some fingers got caught in the net. My body weight was going the wrong way, causing me to bend my arm beyond being straight. My elbow had enough and gave up the ghost.

Hyper-extended medial ligament (knee). Basketball training, going in for a lay-up. Decided to try and draw the foul from the defender as if it we were playing 'for real'. At full pelt I stood on his foot and went over. Knee ballooned to about three times it's normal size and I was as good as a cripple for a while. Even missed a few games at Gillingham as a result. Never been the same since and can give way with no notice. Amusing to see, painful for me!

How time flies.

I've since had ACL replacement surgery and it's not caused any trouble since, even during a snowboarding holiday.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Probably a broken knee cap, sustained following a simple clash of knees playing footy. Took quite a while to build strength back up once the leg brace was removed. Had a quite few other broken bones but luckily nothing more serious like ligaments

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I accidently tipped wart remover on my genitals once, took the skin off my penis & ive never jumped in the shower with dm's on before or since.

Is it wrong to laugh so much at this? Worst I had was a dog bite when I was two - top teeth went in just under my right eye, bottom teeth under my chin. Worst was it then got infected and I got blood poisoning. Luckily I didn't lose my eye...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here