Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the worst injury you've ever had?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Trigger said:
Italiaseagull kicked me in the shins during the 1st half of a football match thus making me want to get him back so in the 2nd half in i go with a two footed tackle but i missed the bastard and caught my studs in the ground and *bust* went my cruciate ligaments, then the stupid fucknut decided to fall on my leg!
lol :nono:

Italiaseagull said:
You got a can of Tango, a Vimto and Appletise out of it though! :D

You Fucknut! :lolol:

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
redland said:
Ive got that right now in my right knee, from a snowboarding accident, its such a lame injury coz rest is the only thing that fixes it + a bit of physio and it hurts for ages !!!

You have my deepest sympathy Redland.
Ages later it would feel alright, but then ache at the end of the day. When I first did it, I'd been out running along the seafront. Got home feeling fine. Went to bed feeling fine. Woke in the morning unable to bend my knee at all.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Sprained my right ankle ligaments playing 5-a-side which meant 3 weeks in plaster without being able to walk on it - no fun. It was the most painful thing I have ever done. The doctor I saw in A&E hardly spoke English and didn't believe me when I told him it was the right side of the ankle that hurt (it was the one the size of a cricket ball!!) as the xray showed that the left side had a chip out of it. I then remembered getting clattered one Sunday morning but walking the pain off after a few weeks - so my ankle is still chipped:(

Exacltly a year later I broke my right foot in the same place as Beckham did (on the foot not Old Trafford:D ). Not that painful at the time and managed to limp down the pub and drive home after a few lemonades. I then went to get up in the morning and hit the floor quicker than Daniel Webb - bloody hell my foot hurt. Up to A&E at 8.00 in the morning and another 3 weeks in plaster :(

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Bozza said:
Wow - more medial ligament freaks like me.

It can go at any time. Throw a stick for the dog on the downs - pop - out my knee goes and I collapse.

too right, i'll have to wear a knee brace if i go boarding again, something like Max's in Mad Max 2..

f*ck that !!

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
I broke my finger playing hockey about 6 years ago, I was in goal and the ball shot up and crushed it between the ball and the stick. I still can't bend the end part and it's still swollen and painful.

I broke my front tooth playing football about 10 years ago. Went up for a header and we both missed the ball and i caught him on the head, that was very painful.

The worst I have done was breaking my arm playing rounders 2 years ago. I was running to catch the ball when someone tripped me up and i went flying into the wall, left arm first, making a wonderful cracking noise. Needed an operation to fix that but it didn't mend properly and was crooked and painful when the plaster came off. 2 weeks later, i tried to swat a wasp thingy and that movement snapped it again. Another 7 weeks in plaster (meaning I missed going on my summer holiday to Greece), and it was still in support about 8 weeks after the plaster finally came off and was still in physio about a year later. Still hurts badly and can take only a little weight. It did get me extra time in my exams though, which was nice!:)

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - arising from an afternoon at Selhurst Park last October.

Recovery was making good progress until about 9.29pm on Tuesday 25th March.

Can I sue Gary Hart?

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
My head was severed in a freak tiddlywinks accident.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Bounce! Achilles tendon snapped playing football in a parents football match in Holland. Off work for 5 months. When the plaster came off the smell was terrible . My wife nearly fainted at the sight and smell of congealed blood several months old. . Really ,really painful. A couple of broken wrists which were not too bad.In fact I had one for a week before I knew it was broken.

Last edited:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Bounce! Achilles tendon . Really ,really painful. A couple of broken wrists which were not too bad.In fact I had one for a week before I knew it was broken.

Posted on here a few weeks back about my achilles tendon asking advice - couldn't believe how painful it was and the horror stories I heard on here were ten times worse than mine. Ribs have been the biggest fucker for me though. Takes f***ing ages to mend and hurts when you breathe.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My left lung collapsed spontaneously while I was watching telly a few years ago, if that counts as an injury.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Broke both femurs, separated pelvis, broke wrist and crushed 2 vertebrae all in the blink of an eye! And stubbed my toe while all that was going on.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Snapped my forearm playing football on a ridiculously frozen pitch causing my ulna to pop through skin in my arm. Several pins required to put it back together

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ripped my forearm open when I ran into a plate glass door. Severed tendons and what not and now have permanent nerve damage from my elbow to my hand.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Broken ankle playing 5 a side. Put my foot behind the ball with a 20 stone man on the other side of it. Ankle snapped almost all the way through then went back into place. It's now held in place by a 10cm metal plate and 8 screws.

Good old nhs direct told me i'd sprained it.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Many injuries over the years. Broke my thumb playing in goal - 5 weeks in plaster. Broke and dislocated my little finger at school playing basketball. Cracked my skull open falling off a playground roundabout back in the day before they had that nice soft safety stuff around playground equipment. Ive never seen so much blood in my life after that one.

many muscular and ligiment damages over the years.

But my personal favourite is breaking my foot on the away terrace at Barnet. Jumped up to celebrate an Albion goal and heard a crack. Would of been fine if the goal wasnt disallowed. :cry: After the game my mates decided to throw bricks at me so I would hurry up and run as we were late for the train. That night got pissed as a fart to numb the pain. Possibly dancing that night didnt help the foot either. It wasnt until the Monday some 48 hours later I thought Id best go to the PRH in Haywards Heath to have it checked out. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here