Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the bravest thing you've done?

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I won a 50/50 tackle against Terry Streeter about 10 years ago while he was playing for Southwick, he was a beast of a man at that point!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Tried to make a citizen arrest against Millwall at the Goldstone in the South Stand got chased all the way to the tunnel in Conway street. Mates just laughed and the police said let him go. The guy had just smacked and old man who trying to get his son scarf back. I did have him by his throat.:wrong:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Opened the batting against a team with two decidedly quick opening bowlers on a 'sporting' wicket. Between them they managed to put three people in hospital (including their own wicketkeeper) but I saw them both off. I was covered in bruises on my chest, groin area and thigh and could scarcely move the next day. Perhaps that should have been the most stupid thing I ever did.

Ahhhh ........ summer ................. and the sound of leather on Gwylan's chest.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
stood right on the edge of victoria falls...i.e right on the effing edge.........wrestled my pack lunch off a hippo........followed a large fish i had hooked about a km down stream ,on foot ,upto my waste in murky water ..on the zambezi river in mozambique...............smashed a ciquada out of mid- air with my erect todger in mexico.

" There is no such thing as bravery, just different degrees of stupidity"

That is very brave :)

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Bungy_Queenstown.jpg

Doing a Bungee jump in New Zealand in my early twenties. Wouldn't do it again now but I do think I'm a bit braver at dealing with injuries and personal stuff now, which perhaps comes with age.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
singing in german ( Brahms Requiem) at the Royal Albert Hall in front of 6000 people and being the only Tenor who came in at the right time on a particular movement and ended up singing eight bars on my own until the stupid sods decided to join in... the conductor was Sir David Willcocks and he hunted me down at the end of the concert and thanked me....which was nice

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Wrestled a hammer wielding drunk to the floor in A&E, grabbed a bloke by the legs and held him up when he was hanging himself in a side room, dressed a copper in a Doctors coat as a disguise and showed him where there was a relative in the department with a gun in his waistband...sat in the triage area alone on a Friday night...I could go on and on.

In my normal life I was in a pub in Havant when we played Portsmouth...me and my mate were playing pool quietly when a minibus full of Mental Pompey sailor ****ers attacked us with pint pots, pool cues and chairs...had to drag my mate across the car park doing battle with the buggers all the way back to his ( company) car...they smashed the windscreen as we wheel spun out of there.

Sorry ive just got round to reading this; are you Jason Bourne?

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
In Greece (so water was warm) I had to swim under neath a large (approx 40 foot long) sailing boat that was stranded in the middle of a harbour armed only with a knife to cut free rope that had got caught around the boat's rudder. This had to be done pretty damn quick as a ferry was approaching fast. Felt like a super hero when I managed to get the rope free and everyone was safe. Afterwards the shock kicked in - drank quite a lot of beer that night!!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Punched a man in the FACE for hitting his missus in public. Only problem was he was wearing a motorcycle helmet and I pretty much broke my wrist off the bat.

Still...the balls on me, eh?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Most enjoyable was going over the top of one on a ride on mower.

Safest way is a 6-7 foot long piece of heavy duty flexible wire with a oval shaped loop tied off at one end. Allows you to break their spine easily and deliver multiple quick blows from a safe distance.

Shotguns also make a good quick kill, close the choke so the spray pattern is tight.

I killed most though with a good heavy bit of a gum tree branch I found. I'd just walk up with and smash their heads in. They can't bite you with a caved in skull.

How lovely...I am so glad I don't have to live in Australia...

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Tried to make a citizen arrest against Millwall at the Goldstone in the South Stand got chased all the way to the tunnel in Conway street. Mates just laughed and the police said let him go. The guy had just smacked and old man who trying to get his son scarf back. I did have him by his throat.:wrong:

Respect...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here