Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the biggest/best prize you have ever won?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I won 2nd prize in a Crossword Competition in a new comic (can't even remember what it was called) sometime in the mid 60's. A 5/- (five shillings - i.e. 25p) book token for the effort of completing the crossword.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our lottery syndicate (of 10) won £1,580 for 5 numbers about 7 years ago. £158 each. Which was nice.

I won £200 for completing a feedback questionnaire, after an ITIL course in London, about 4 years ago.

D

Deleted User X18H

£220 on the 2004 Grand National.

I know naff all about horse racing, but my step-daughter is called Amber, and my best mate is called Leigh, so I stuck £10 e/w on Amberleigh House @ 16/1 :thumbsup:

My now wife took me to that National. I had Amberleigh on course at 16's could have got 18's £20 or £15 E/W. It finished 4th the previous year I think.

In the bumper the last race the Mrs fancied Diamond Sal I picked out Young Scotton did a dual forecast on them as it was then on the Tote.

£2.50 Dual F/C spare fiver after my national win I also did £10 E'W on Young Scotton . The Mrs did a Fiver E/W on Diamond Sal , which won at 33/1

It contested the last half furlong with Young Scotton, at 25/1, which was just a blur to me.

It paid £759 to a £1 on the good old dual, the Tote had to give me part cheque. Great day out.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Money wise I won £200 in a work incentive a few years back but my best is citizen runner of the year from my Local running club 2 years ago, I had a heart attack the previous year but used running as my re-hab and am fitter and stronger than before!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
About fifteen hundred quid on the Albion being double championes :bowdown:

Oh, and not sure it counts as a prize technically but being selected 'on a first come, first served' basis for tickets for Led Zep at the 02. A couple of million people applied apparently!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Won £2,000 odd on football pools about 35 years ago with 8 draws unfortunately there was about 17 that day bought myself a MGB thought I was the bees knees lol. Loads of reasonable wins at the the dogs £2'500 a week before Christmas about 15 years ago that came in handy but did miss out on £27,000 by a short head in the hove jackpot that was a hard one to take

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nothing really big.

£2 on McShane/ 1-0 Scorecast @ 285/1

And £500 for scoring the halftime penalty at the Amex, for Sky Sports 'Take it like a fan'

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
My Season ticket a few years ago.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Won an ATARI games console in 1980 from THE SUN newspaper in a caption competition first prize was an Arcade table Space Invaders machine I got one of about 20 runner up prizes , at the time the ATARI console was the dogs in the gaming machine world and I was everyone's best friend at school for a few weeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here