Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best weekend break you've had ?

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Prague, Budapest, Oslo, Copenhagen, Krakow, Brussels, Bruges, Barcelona, Paris, Edinburgh, Dublin, Belfast, Berlin etc. All bloody marvelous for a weekend. Ask any Australian Teacher, we live a stone's throw from a lot of amazing places.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the UK, https://www.belmond.com/hotels/europe/uk/oxfordshire/belmond-le-manoir-aux-quat-saisons/

I haven't had a whole weekend there, but a gang of 12 of us went, in around 95, with a sack full of well-gotten money, and got through 16 bottles of Cloudy Bay (the original) at lunchtime. Hired coach back to London, and no idea how I got home to Fav. Possibly floated on my own lighter-than-air fumes.

A wealthy client of mine stayed there with his wife for just one or two nights, obviously for Raymond Blanc’s fine cuisine. The bill was literally in the many £ thousands.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Stayed in Worthing and the missus went to a spa thingy at Champneys… I loved it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Iroquois Boy

Dec 30, 2013
Swansea - the mumbles and Gower Coast stunning and affordable. Think Swansea is really underrated as a city great pubs, restaurants and nightlife.

papachris

Barcelona is a great city to visit for a short/weekend break. Loads to see and do. Also Copenhagen. Loved it there, hire a bicycle from the hotel, the city is literally designed for bikes. Totally safe and separate from the roads.
Both these cities have short and generally cheap flights.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Swansea - the mumbles and Gower Coast stunning and affordable. Think Swansea is really underrated as a city great pubs, restaurants and nightlife.
Used to be a great day out when they played at the Vetch Field for the decent pubs that had Brains bitter on draught.

They dispelled the theory that hooliganism was dead in the nineties! The prison looked nice too.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Padstow. It gets a bit busy in the summer but lovely place, loads of places to eat. Rick Stein has his various restaurants dotted over the town.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You've got to using a really really low bar there, the main strip, Wind St is like a down market version of 2000s North St, 'Beirut' as titled by friends.....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just had an amazing weekend kayaking and wild camping in Norway, courtesy of Much Better Adventures. But for the UK, I think you need to go a long way to beat London. Having said that, I really liked Liverpool. Nottingham is a great city. And living just 10 miles from Bath means we get to experience its glorious architecture and atmosphere most weeks. The countryside around Bath is also a delight.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Where did you do in the end ?
Into Faro (with Your Golf Travel)
Stayed at Pestana Delfin
Played Alto Golf
Played Gramacho

Absolutely fantastic, thanks for the info it was brilliant

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Great stuff….two cracking courses imo. Alvor is such a nice town too.
Preferred Gramacho to Alto, but both good. So well delivered by YGT, planning the 2024 trip now!

Saw at Gramacho you can stay for a month, with unlimited Golf from £999, self catering, of course, but great value

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here