Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best weekend break you've had ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In recent years we have done weekends in York, Edinburgh, Weymouth, London 3 times, Herne Bay, Stratford upon Avon,Lyme Regis, and Dublin. The best was Edinburgh, the worst, Herne Bay
With Whitstable, Canterbury and Faversham nearby, what were you thinking?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In the UK, https://www.belmond.com/hotels/europe/uk/oxfordshire/belmond-le-manoir-aux-quat-saisons/

I haven't had a whole weekend there, but a gang of 12 of us went, in around 95, with a sack full of well-gotten money, and got through 16 bottles of Cloudy Bay (the original) at lunchtime. Hired coach back to London, and no idea how I got home to Fav. Possibly floated on my own lighter-than-air fumes,.

Best British was a free weekend in Dublin with the GF 30 years ago, won randomly during a night out in London. Memorable for the extreme debauchery in our hotel room, and also by being woken at eleven pm (yes, I said debauchery - it was bloody exhausting even when I was young) by a wedding reception disco 7 floors below. That went on for another 3 hours. The riverdancing fools. Memorable, though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess Brighton does not count but I do like a weekend in London. They are now quite repetitive as I pretty much always visit the same restaurants but I like that.

May 25, 2023
Croydon
Had a surprisingly good weekend near Chester. Wasn't expecting much, but really enjoyed the area. Also had some cracking weekends in the Peak District. Edinburgh has always been a favourite too.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Montagu Arms Beaulieu - marvellous food and rooms plus the New Forest to wander around over the weekend (Mrs Jakarta's teenage stomping ground - never asked her how many yachties she got off with!)

A bit pricey but pre COIVID was our once a year treat.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Came back yesterday, a golf trip to The Algarve, with my three Son's. It was a fantastic time and thoroughly enjoyable, can't wait for the next trip!

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
A long time ago when I was in the Navy, weekend in Hull wearing uniform...and Newcastle....always better up Norf for night out.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ambleside. Lake District. Off season so no ghastly people and their squealing children. Heaven.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Few years back stayed at Goathland, fans of Heartbeat will know this well. Lovely place.
The North York Moors railway do a war weekend, where every one dresses up in military and 1940’s get up.
Starts at Pickering and goes all the way through to Whitby, with all the stations putting something on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Isle of Wigit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here