Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best weekend break you've had ?

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Most fun in the UK, apart from camping weekends would have to be London, but thats cos neither of us work there anymore. Sheer variety of what you can do and experience always makes a great weekend. Usually pick up last minute cheap theatre tickets on the day for that night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Not telling. Don't want everyone ruining it.

Actually that's selfish of me. The best places for weekend breaks I've had are... [thinks carefully]...

...Luton, Burnley, Stockport, Barnsley and Rotherham

I can definitely recommend that you try any of these places for a totally different life experience.

You have not been charged for this information.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
London. Prefer to walk everywhere allowing me to find great hidden spots you wouod not find jumping on the tube etc

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Camping weekend in high summer, and the sun shone, in Herne Bay.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
In the UK, a road trip over a bank holiday with mates to Bournemouth as a student, it was great and very funny.
Abroad, a long weekend to Venice for the Mrs 40th birthday.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Dartmouth is nice and if you like eating out there's fantastic restaurants there.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Liverpool is worth a visit. Do a Beatles tour and the city is great for night life. Plenty to see and do for a weekend.
Depends how you're travelling really. But a visit to Chester is worth a look on the way home if you are driving.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
In recent years we have done weekends in York, Edinburgh, Weymouth, London 3 times, Herne Bay, Stratford upon Avon,Lyme Regis, and Dublin. The best was Edinburgh, the worst, Herne Bay

Herne Bay!!!! What on earth! Why for the love of God - Herne Bay!!??? My Grandparents lived there. As a child, every visit to see them seemed like the most boring day/weekend imaginable. For a trip down memory lane I went back a couple of years ago and do you know what? It's still the dullest place I have ever been to!

I've had really decent weekends in Dorchester, London, Bristol, Edinburgh, Exeter, Cardiff.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Boscastle in cornwall

Padstein ( padstow) also in cornwall

Spa hotel just outside hungerford was excellent!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A sunny weekend in Salcombe.

Nice place but seriously full of snooty 'OK ya' sailing types......some great pubs spoilt by public school oiks off the leash.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
City break - Edinburgh or Bristol
Country break - Hay-on-Wye
Coastal break - Port Isaac or Tenby.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not telling. Don't want everyone ruining it.

Actually that's selfish of me. The best places for weekend breaks I've had are... [thinks carefully]...

...Luton, Burnley, Stockport, Barnsley and Rotherham

I can definitely recommend that you try any of these places for a totally different life experience.

You have not been charged for this information.

Can I recomend for your next weekend away you take in the sights of Gillingham.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Northumberland. Visits to cragside, holy island and Hadrian's wall.
I've just come back from all three places. I can attest that Cragside in particular is absolutely fantastic, but give it a full day as it's bloody enormous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here