Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
There's a big beautiful world of music out there folks, and this thread is the epitome of that, over the last few days I've gone from posting Country to Quo to my offering today, Stormzy, but I've listened to so much different stuff as well. And that's why I hope this thread continues. Once again I may have posted this song much earlier in this thread, but hey ho, there's worst crimes you can commit.

Long Live The Thread!

:clap:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's a big beautiful world of music out there folks, and this thread is the epitome of that, over the last few days I've gone from posting Country to Quo to my offering today, Stormzy, but I've listened to so much different stuff as well. And that's why I hope this thread continues. Once again I may have posted this song much earlier in this thread, but hey ho, there's worst crimes you can commit.

Long Live The Thread!

:clap:

Agreed, so much variety on this thread. Maybe Bozza should investigate a Now That’s What I call NSC Music compilation album :smile:

Anyone else finding it really hard to limit themselves to just one track a day?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Agreed, so much variety on this thread. Maybe Bozza should investigate a Now That’s What I call NSC Music compilation album :smile:

Now that I would buy, but it's going to be one massive album.

:clap2: :mad:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

It's hard, but that's what makes it special:D

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm chuffed as nuts I started this thread. Liking the comments.

Here's my offering for today. Gave me such a thrill when it first came out as a single. Just so much power packed in to the grooves, and how good was guitarist Terry Kath. If you don't know, listen to this. Will blow Barrow Boy's ears off:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I'm chuffed as nuts I started this thread. Liking the comments.

Here's my offering for today. Gave me such a thrill when it first came out as a single. Just so much power packed in to the grooves, and how good was guitarist Terry Kath. If you don't know, listen to this. Will blow Barrow Boy's ears off:

You're not wrong Mr Earle, I only ever bought 2 Chicago singles, Hard Habit to Break and 25 or 6 to 4, absolutely loved it, never heard this live version before though. They used to have it on the juke box in The Bosun, we must have worn it out, marvellous!

:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lost myself in this last night, the video is shit quality but the music is sublime. Young’s guitar playing is so under rated when people talk about great guitarists imo

https://youtu.be/qmKrcOB7udA

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
From Stormzy yesterday back to 1957 today and time for me to pay my tribute to Elvis Presley. Elvis was rightly famous for bringing Rock and Roll to a mass audience, he wasn't the only one, but he was eventually hailed as The King of that genre. But coming from a poor family in the deep south of the USA he developed a love of Gospel music and released several albums of Gospel songs early in his career. This song was recorded with just Elvis and his backing singers, the Jordanaires, a piano, guitar, double bass and drums, and I think it's beautiful and highlights just what a phenomenal voice he had.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
From Stormzy yesterday back to 1957 today and time for me to pay my tribute to Elvis Presley. Elvis was rightly famous for bringing Rock and Roll to a mass audience, he wasn't the only one, but he was eventually hailed as The King of that genre. But coming from a poor family in the deep south of the USA he developed a love of Gospel music and released several albums of Gospel songs early in his career. This song was recorded with just Elvis and his backing singers, the Jordanaires, a piano, guitar, double bass and drums, and I think it's beautiful and highlights just what a phenomenal voice he had.

Just as a footnote to this post, I always find it amazing that he was also a black belt Karate and when he joined
up (Korean or Vietnam war - not sure which) was up to US Special Forces standard in terms of fitness and all round ability.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Just as a footnote to this post, I always find it amazing that he was also a black belt Karate and when he joined
up (Korean or Vietnam war - not sure which) was up to US Special Forces standard in terms of fitness and all round ability.

I've done a little bit of research and yes he did become a black belt in Karate but this was after his military service. He was drafted into the army in 1958 and served until 1960, so this was after the Korean war and before Vietnam, he was offered a place in the Special Services, but this was the US military equivalent of the British Army entertainment section (ENSA) in WW2, not any sort of SAS! Obviously the military wanted to cash in on the popularity of Elvis, but he declined and joined up as an ordinary soldier. He spent his military service in Fort Worth Texas and in Germany with a Tank regiment, he had been promoted to Sergeant when he finished his draft in 1960.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've done a little bit of research and yes he did become a black belt in Karate but this was after his military service. He was drafted into the army in 1958 and served until 1960, so this was after the Korean war and before Vietnam, he was offered a place in the Special Services, but this was the US military equivalent of the British Army entertainment section (ENSA) in WW2, not any sort of SAS! Obviously the military wanted to cash in on the popularity of Elvis, but he declined and joined up as an ordinary soldier. He spent his military service in Fort Worth Texas and in Germany with a Tank regiment, he had been promoted to Sergeant when he finished his draft in 1960.

I may be derailing this thread but imagine the fall out if a 24 year old Rock Star started dating a 14 year old in the 21st century, which was the case with Priscilla. Not quite as bad as Jerry Lee Lewis....but close!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here