Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
'Warsaw Radio Mast' written, performed and produced by Swansman

:mad: :lolol: :smokin: (You'll be singing it all day, folks).

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
'Warsaw Radio Mast' written, performed and produced by Swansman

:mad: :lolol: :smokin: (You'll be singing it all day, folks).

Great taste.

You might also like this song about the Egyptians trying to cover up that Tutankhamon wasnt a manly man:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxmM1iuNI8g

And perhaps this one about Oliver the ape, who tried to rape his trainer making people think "hmm, maybe he is the missing link between apes and humans":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZo5bwZ97o

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What's not to like? Bouncing conductors! Rob Trujillo sporting Vans with a suit! James Hetfield fist bumping the rocking out heavy metal xylophone players! And of course it's just a rock classic!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Edit: double post. Apologies

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As anybody who watched The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert will testify, it is extremely hard to sing Freddie's vocals because of the unique range he possessed. A large number of well known performers attempted this feat with (let's be kind) varying degrees of success! To me the one person who not only did justice to Freddie's vocals but took the song to a new level was George Michael's version of Somebody To Love. I love the smile that Brian May gives at 4:05 as he knows that George has really nailed it.

Wham! came up on the car iPod today. Love George. What a singer. Great somgs too :thumbsup:

I was abroad in the early 80s so missed all the Wham hysteria, and hardly listened to the radio again till 2001 so I missed the whole of Geoprge's career. So I have been able to listen to him without the taint of the tabloid intrusion. Same true for Madge. Love them both.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wham! came up on the car iPod today. Love George. What a singer. Great somgs too :thumbsup:

I was abroad in the early 80s so missed all the Wham hysteria, and hardly listened to the radio again till 2001 so I missed the whole of Geoprge's career. So I have been able to listen to him without the taint of the tabloid intrusion. Same true for Madge. Love them both.

Agree, I was of the mindset “commercial shit” at the time. Big fan now and I’d even put Last Christmas as my favourite Xmas song. Wham is such feel good music and George Michael wrote and sang some quality songs.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS

I was around at the time and aware of George in Wham but really only thought he was part of a reasonably good 'pop' act. It was only when he went solo that I began to appreciate what a great singer/songwriter he was, and then, retrospectively, just how good wham were. Much the same with Madonna, some of her early stuff was exceptional, songs like 'Live to Tell' and ' Borderline' are modern classics. But her ability to change style and looks virtually every decade mark her out to me as a very special talent.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You don’t hear this fantastic album played very often these days, unless you have my ipod to hand :wink:

https://youtu.be/AZG6lzc7mV0

I do. Still have my vinyl copy which hits the deck on a regular basis. I saw Al Perkins at the Komedia playing in Kevin Montgomery's band. Montgomery's dad wrote songs like Heartbeat with Buddy Holly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here