Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Going back to the Genesis thing.
I like the early and the later stuff, bands develope and their evolutuon to stadium band was great and I don't begrudge them anything.
Anyone who thinks that Collins isn't a good singer/songwriter simply has no ear for music.
I wish I had the voice to sing ' I Wish it Would Rain' and don't think any other vocalist would do it justice.
He ain't no oil painting and maybe this could be why some people chose not to like him.
Anyway, I treated myself to this yesterday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gAMBKnKPANo

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I think I'm losing the plot, I was sure that I posted this video today, I downloaded the video added a few words but apparently never posted it, so I'll try again!

Back to the 80's again to a band who I thought never received the recognition they deserved. This song was sheer quality and a great tribute to Smokey Robinson.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Going back to the Genesis thing.
I like the early and the later stuff, bands develope and their evolutuon to stadium band was great and I don't begrudge them anything.
Anyone who thinks that Collins isn't a good singer/songwriter simply has no ear for music.
I wish I had the voice to sing ' I Wish it Would Rain' and don't think any other vocalist would do it justice.
He ain't no oil painting and maybe this could be why some people chose not to like him.
Anyway, I treated myself to this yesterday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gAMBKnKPANo
so I hadn't engaged in the Gabriel / Collins debate. I generally prefer the gabriel contributions because many of them are more interesting. I'm generally not as up for the stadium rock but really enjoyed Mama the other day.

And then you posted my favourite Genesis track ever - music is not simple is it

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I'm not the biggest Elton John fan but I do like him when he isn't being an arse. So the first few albums. This is from a much later album with Leon Russell - very good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here