[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I can only go so long without a bit of Dire Straits, as someone wrote on one of the comments for this on YouTube, "We need to play this when the Coronavirus goes away".
I concur!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Amazing band then and now, I was lucky enough to see them live several times in the early/mid 80’s

I’ve been relistening to their albums, so many great songs.

A sumptuous sound from 1:04:

Ridiculous that I'm from the North West of England and never got to see them back in the day, you just knew that you would get around to see them fairly shortly and of course it didn't happen. Saw quite a few of their Factory contemporaries e.g. The Durutti Column / A Certain Ratio / Happy Mondays

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ridiculous that I'm from the North West of England and never got to see them back in the day, you just knew that you would get around to see them fairly shortly and of course it didn't happen. Saw quite a few of their Factory contemporaries e.g. The Durutti Column / A Certain Ratio / Happy Mondays

In spells as it’s so incredibly long, I’m wading my way through Hookie’s second autobio Substance.

Plenty of The Hacienda tales, pre and during Ecstasy eras. I love both New Wave and dance music, so visiting in either would’ve been right up my street and my mates. But being in Brighton, we didn’t even think about making the effort. Wish we had.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The latest single from the forthcoming ILIKETRAINS album dropped today and I’m loving it. Almost straying into dark wave territory.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The latest single from the forthcoming ILIKETRAINS album dropped today and I’m loving it. Almost straying into dark wave territory.

Very nice. Mrs T got me the new protomartyr CD for my birthday. May be posting one from that tomorrow :thumbsup:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Had this song going through my head last night, no idea why as I hadn't heard it on the radio or tellybox. I've just played it 4 times on the trot, so I guess it must be my favourite Genesis song and this is the best version of it I could find, recorded live in NYC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports