Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Blimey that's good.
You probably know, but the song is actually about one of Joe's best mates Danny, who is an immigrant. Plus the whole point about love, unity and what a lack of that creates.....

But also, his mum, who he was primary carer for from really young died not so long ago and then he lost a daughter to still birth (they do have a daughter now, which is lovely).

So I think the combination of the crowd's reaction to the tune plus everything he's been through was the reason for him being overwhelmed.

His wife coming out and comforting him was just beautiful.

And it's such a good tune anyway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You probably know, but the song is actually about one of Joe's best mates Danny, who is an immigrant. Plus the whole point about love, unity and what a lack of that creates.....

But also, his mum, who he was primary carer for from really young died not so long ago and then he lost a daughter to still birth (they do have a daughter now, which is lovely).

So I think the combination of the crowd's reaction to the tune plus everything he's been through was the reason for him being overwhelmed.

I didn't know any of that. Thanks. I could have guessed some of it though. I found I had something in my eye, even before the singing ended......:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really like Human Tetris, just listened to Summer in Crimea and then Cold Wind :thumbsup:

Glad you like. Those tracks are all corkers :lolol:

Edit check out their cover of here comes the rain again :love:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Well this is a complete blast from the past, the group Autumn were formed by local lads in Shoreham and Worthing back in the early 70's. I knew one of the band, albeit only a nodding acquaintance, as he went to my school and I worked with his mum , she was very excited when this song came out in 1971, as it got them an appearance on TOTP. Think this was their only minor hit but I loved it because of the great harmonies and the fact they were a 'local band for local people'.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

You probably know that Fontaines DC toured with Idles, when it was all getting a bit too much for Grian Chatten Joe took him shopping and bought him a new shirt (according to the NME). :love:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doubt I'll see a movie less coherent than no-budget Coherence anytime soon, let alone today. Doubt also that I'll hear a more beautiful closing credits tune. Gawd bless ya (again!) Shazam. This is Laura Veirs out of Portland, Oregon with the very beautiful 'Galaxies' :love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here