Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] What's for Dinner ?

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Being Friday had Salmon with pigs in blankets. Didn't really go but had to use them up

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not a fan of baked potatoes, but I'm addicted to canned tuna to such an extent I go to a Portuguese shop to buy it. It's as cheap as ALDI but 100% better.

There is nothing simple about a ham omelette. I love a ham omelette and would eat that over a roast dinner every day.

Ham and mushroom omelette is my favourite, 4 eggs.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ham and mushroom omelette is my favourite, 4 eggs.
I'm so adverse to mushrooms I have to get someone else to taste them if I cook them.

I've really tried. That and blue cheese.

I'll eat and try anything but the above? I'd quite happily lick a sweaty strangers armpit before putting fungus in my mouth.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
GSN breakfast protein wrap, 2 poached eggs, banana, protein shake.

Night shifts so dinner is breakfast.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Homemade turkey soup (turkey stock made from the giblets and carcass, leftover veg - brussels, parsnips, Swede, peas, red cabbage, leftover pigs in blankets, leftover stuffing x2, leftover sausage meat with chestnuts. All this and more lobbed in and blitzed) with a run of double cream and port; leftover homemade gravadlax; leftover cheeses; bread; biscuits; grapes; decent wine; ferrero rocher; single malt
you and easy 10 have put southern water to the test haven't ya....:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The pork joint we had on Boxing Day gave me a semi lob-on. It was SO good. And I could eat crackling every day for breakfast. I don't care if it would kill me within six weeks.

My son-in-law did a joint of lamb for Christmas Day. Nothing wrong with how he cooked it, but then he didn't slice/carve it, he basically HACKED it into chunks. And I really don't like lamb very much.

There. I said it.
Most who like meat love crackling, so I’m always puzzled why pork-knuckles, which are completely covered in the stuff, are not more popular in the UK. They’re really cheap cuts as well.

ADFD4A4B-BE07-4D20-96F7-88B76DE8B542.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To answer the question I went for a curry

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Most who like meat love crackling, so I’m always puzzled why pork-knuckles, which are completely covered in the stuff, are not more popular in the UK. They’re really cheap cuts as well.

View attachment 171944
i recently had one of those on a trip to cape town issebeinne...?? nearly fuckin killed me...:lolol: didn't shit for 3 days a when i did it was like a rockmelon with spikes on it...:eek:uch:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've just taken the dog out on a long walk - well, I'm sat in the pub - because my wife put a spread out for lunch. The Anchovies and prawn stench just made the kitchen stink like Rick Steins bin. I left her and the kids to it on the basis I had a late breakfast.

Besides which, I'm sick of all this buffet bollocks by now. Wheres the bacon and sausage sandwiches?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I've just taken the dog out on a long walk - well, I'm sat in the pub - because my wife put a spread out for lunch. The Anchovies and prawn stench just made the kitchen stink like Rick Steins bin. I left her and the kids to it on the basis I had a late breakfast.

Besides which, I'm sick of all this buffet bollocks by now. Wheres the bacon and sausage sandwiches?
has she seen a doctor about it..?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry to not only lower the tone but also be a little childish/scummy depending on your opinion, I just saw it and had to have it.

Tonight Mathew I shall mostly be eating the hottest food stuff on the planet.
(if you know you know)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fabulous Japanese chicken bites from the sushi place with a nice side salad.
I have a honey & mustard gammon and a large rack of welsh lamb in the fridge for the next couple of days.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry to not only lower the tone but also be a little childish/scummy depending on your opinion, I just saw it and had to have it.

Tonight Mathew I shall mostly be eating the hottest food stuff on the planet.
(if you know you know)
McDonalds Apple Pie obviously

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Roast beef lunchtime then homemade sausage rolls, bacon/cheese pastries and goats cheese pizza slices and snack bits tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here