[Food] What's for Dinner ?

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
Leftovers day:

Breakfast: Leftover veg lightly fried in scrambled egg
Lunch: Homemade leek, roasted pork and kale Soup
Dinner: Cold cut pork, air-fried sweet potatoes with greens

After-Dinner Entertainment: World Championship Arrows and a wee glass of talisker dark storm

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Went to the local Malaysian in Hurst Green with friends.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jacket potatoes with tuna and salad. I love that combo, at the same time avoiding the following carbs/fat fest.

Everyone else had Penne and a sauce, with garlic bread and grated cheese.
We had jacket potatoes with tuna mayonnaise yesterday. Today, a simple ham omelette followed by fresh fruit. During the day we’ve been grazing the cheese, savoury biscuits, nuts, cake, shortbread and chocolate.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Spag Bol. Defrosted old sauce from freezer.
The 29th would be turkey curry day for me as I designate boxing day as the classic cold meats with a touch of salad leaving the 27th and 28th for the enjoyment of many elaborate grilled sandwiches with the turkey, ham, salami, cheeses, pickles and whatnot that's around.
Sadly I was visiting Dutch in law's so have returned with zero Christmas fayre in the house. Can't even nab any off my family because my mum and sister think it acceptable to make turkey curry on boxing day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We had jacket potatoes with tuna mayonnaise yesterday. Today, a simple ham omelette followed by fresh fruit. During the day we’ve been grazing the cheese, savoury biscuits, nuts, cake, shortbread and chocolate.

Shortbread … damn, I knew there was something we forgot :mad: . Ah well, there’s always next Xmas.

I love omelette’s, my staple lunch throughout the year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My wife never buys lamb because she saw some tubes in it once. She’s like that..
:lolol:

I've seen tubes in pork before as well. Never enough to put me off.
But then I'll quite happily chow down pork scratchings with bristles on. I do love a bag of the old devils toenails. The more dust the better.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
IMG_20231227_154540_037.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
IMG_1783.jpeg

3rd turkey roast of the season...

The other 2 were away at family events (23rd and 25th) so no leftovers for us if we don't do our own turkey...

We will now be having what's essentially a Christmas ploughman's every other night for about a week: turkey, baked potato, pigs in blankets, salad, several kinds of cheese, pickled onions & mini gherkins, chutneys etc.
The alternate meals will be turkey, chips & coleslaw; turkey curry and turkey, ham and leek pie with mash.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I made some Spanish meatballs (50% pork beef) and had them with air fried tomatoes, artichokes and mini peppers stuffed with feta. Half of which was left overs.

After coming back from the local at half past eight. I softened the bread in milk before I left.

That's an easy night for me because unfortunately I'm an absoluter TART in the kitchen.

I find it very relaxing with the radio on. Nothing to do with my yoghurt knitting urban liberal credentials which of course I embrace....

My mum was trained to cook and she showed me.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Bacon and Brie baguettes, with some pickled onions and chutney.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Chicken Adobo - i was told about this incredibly tasty simple dish by a Filipino mate of mine a couple of years ago - Ingredients : Chicken thighs, bottle of light soy sauce, half a bottle of white vinegar, whole garlic bulb, pepper corns and bay leaves - a totally unique taste that once tried you will want more and more 👌

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not a fan of baked potatoes, but I'm addicted to canned tuna to such an extent I go to a Portuguese shop to buy it. It's as cheap as ALDI but 100% better.

There is nothing simple about a ham omelette. I love a ham omelette and would eat that over a roast dinner every day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Curry. Turkish. Yum.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chicken Adobo - i was told about this incredibly tasty simple dish by a Filipino mate of mine a couple of years ago - Ingredients : Chicken thighs, bottle of light soy sauce, half a bottle of white vinegar, whole garlic bulb, pepper corns and bay leaves - a totally unique taste that once tried you will want more and more 👌
A whole bottle of soy sauce? That's enough salt to keep an army salinated for a month. :ohmy:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Our goose was finished yesterday in a 'cottage pie' with carrots that I've done before but with with duck :thumbsup:

We had the red cabbage as well, but having slow cooked a lot of it on Xmas eve, there's now two big bowls in the freezer ready to re-appear over the next few months. Roast Pork, crackling and red cabbage ? :drool:
I'm intrigued by your with duck. Could it be that you are a fan of the artist B! Machine and have fixated on his original record lable?

1703889858798.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Homemade turkey soup (turkey stock made from the giblets and carcass, leftover veg - brussels, parsnips, Swede, peas, red cabbage, leftover pigs in blankets, leftover stuffing x2, leftover sausage meat with chestnuts. All this and more lobbed in and blitzed) with a run of double cream and port; leftover homemade gravadlax; leftover cheeses; bread; biscuits; grapes; decent wine; ferrero rocher; single malt
And I had you down as classy, up to that point ???

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
A whole bottle of soy sauce? That's enough salt to keep an army salinated for a month. :ohmy:

You reduce the soy sauce and vinegar so all that’s left is the chicken

It’s such a unique taste, it’s neither, salty, vinegary or garlicky

I can’t describe it but once you taste the chicken you will want more and more

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You reduce the soy sauce and vinegar so all that’s left is the chicken

It’s such a unique taste, it’s neither, salty, vinegary or garlicky

I can’t describe it but once you taste the chicken you will want more and more
I want some. I will make some soon. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup: